ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

button on end of window wiper stalk

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mate, cliosport has a really great search thingy.

Have a go. its very easy to use

172 Cup

In his defense Ive just done a search going back to Feb 2003 and apart from most reponses saying "use the search" no one seems to know for sure what the hell it does :confused:

Ford Fiesta

just goes through the different options on the trip computer, dont think it does anything if held down?

goes through, average speed, avaerage MPG, trip one etc etc

also. does the diagnostic mode if you turn key to main on position, hold stalk button, turn off key, then let go and turn key back on again. that might be bit wrong but close enough.

i miss the oil level function on mk1 172. i guess they had to extract 1500 quid from the car somewhere

Ford Fiesta

mm, so the 172 doesnt have oil level reading is this the same for all renaultsport versions.

C4 Grand Picasso

It doesnt do anything on my car - its only on higher-specked cars (i.e. trip computer on Dynamiques not Authentiques)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

the diagnostic thingy is cool tho.

on my car the speedo only goes round to 122 but on my m8s 172 it goes round to 160

strange that?

(coz ive done 122 a few times- 126once, but hes "only" done 140)

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 14 June 2004
it does do oil level doesnt it? when you switch the car on and it says Oil Ok, you press the reset iirc, and it displays oil level.

Yup thats correct.

whats this diagnostic thing then and how do i get it on exactly?

i guess its similar to what you could do on old golf gtis and it would give you a digital readout of your rpm etc?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

well not a digital readout as such, but it just checks all the gauges to make sure they all light up/move

the computer window (which on mine (2004) has the oil temp and petrol in it) just lit up all the diff charcters it can do and the speedo/rev counter just went up in 40mph/2000rpm stages till they got to the end then went back down again till u took the keys out. thing is, the speedo and the rev counter dont go up together!!! so u cant take a pic of it coz the speedo might be on its max, but the revs mite b at 2000rpm!

Ford Fiesta

someone got a vid of it see what its like? without us having to reset everything to look lol :)

I think hes on about the Phase 1 and 2 clios??

I would like to know what mines for, as it does bugger all.

The only readout i get on the display is the temperature.

People would use the "search" facility, but thats only after people on here learn to spell correctly ;)

[Edited by KeyserSoze on 6/15/2004 1:38:45 AM]

EDIT:
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=27371&SearchPagePosition=1&search=wiper+stalk&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchsearch results

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

on mk1 its supposidly some kind of button that works with one of the pedals to override the factory imobilisor if th key is lost!

some sort of sequence disables it!

on the reno 19 it works the trip computer.

First prize to adams_16v I cant believe you lot dont read the manual. My mum has an old P reg RT You use this button to override the immobiliser. Cant remember exactly how but goes something like

Ignition on Press the button (a few times maybe), press throttle all way down for the first code number(once for one, twice for two) to input override codes. Press button again for next digit etc. Press button when finished. Then you should be able to start the car

You would need it if your remote battery ever went flat.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 14 June 2004

it does do oil level doesnt it? when you switch the car on and it says Oil Ok, you press the reset iirc, and it displays oil level.
it used to do that on the mk1 172, for first few seconds after you started it would say "oil ok" then if you pressed the button it would go to a little row of os like "oooo--" or "o-----", showing the actual amount roughly. but on my mk2 it just says the "oil ok" theres no way to get the os ! just goes straight into miles/trip/mpg etc.

and i said it before, but also the gear knob was funky on mk1! lol
the diagnostic mode is cool, if you press the button you get a few different values on the little screen, like how many litres fuel etc. but it also goes beep-beep-beep continuously so although u can start engine and stuff it would be a pain to drive in that mode

[Added beepy-beepy bit on 15 June 2004 at 2:00pm]

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My mk2 172 comes up with oil okay, if you hit the trip reset it shows the 00000-- no problem !

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the button on newer models is used to go through the trip computer screens. on really old clios without trip its used to enter the immobilser code to code in new keys or overide the immobiliser.