ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye 197

172 5HED
The old fun bus goes to the dealers in a few days to be sold to someone else :(

It has been the car that cemented the Renaultsport name in my heart. Most fun car I have ever had!

Start the long wait till September now for the Twingo Cup on its nice new 60 plate!

:dapprove:

172 5HED
Aye Danny, no one wanted it even at a very cheap price :( Its been well driven but well cared for.

Chris, White Twingo Cup, Black and White ID pack and black wheels ;)

Swift Sport
At least you're replacing it with something decent mate, those little Twingos were flying round at Oulton last time I was there!

Iceberg 172
What's the deal with a twingo cup? Light spec 133??

I love those little things!

Shame about the 197... 60 plate sounds cool!

SG9 Forester STi
Awesome choice on the twingo! They're great cars.

Hope you enjoy it as much as you did the 197.

172 5HED
Cheers all:)

why you getting rid kev? MPG?

im sure u will have so much fun in the little twingo

MPG a little but mainly the finance, had anothe 3yr on the 197 @£320 a month where as this is 2yr at £199

What's the deal with a twingo cup? Light spec 133??

I love those little things!

Shame about the 197... 60 plate sounds cool!

Yeah, only 35kg lighter mate, by the time my fat ass is in it tho......:eek:

Are the standard wheels on the Twingo Cup black? I thought they were "amphasite" (anthracite?) On the Renault website spec list they are black??

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/twingo/specifications/Default.aspx

Also what is the white and black i.d. pack?

STD cup is anthracite yeah. Black wheels are £150.

The black and white ID pack is £150 which is black bumper inserts, black mirrors and a black spoiler on the back!

The optional final payment is what you pay to keep the car at the end of the finance, or you hand the car back, or you sell the car privately and pay off the final payment.

TBF that is a cracking deal, just a shame the twingo doesnt save me much in terms of running costs, or monthly expenditure.

'03 Clio 1.2 Billabong
it does sound really tempting you know...i cud afford that and im only a part time worker lol but i dunno :(

Mountune Tractor
If you pay the final payment it's car finance. If you hand it back then yeah you're right.

172 5HED
The optional final payment is what you pay to keep the car at the end of the finance, or you hand the car back, or you sell the car privately and pay off the final payment.

TBF that is a cracking deal, just a shame the twingo doesnt save me much in terms of running costs, or monthly expenditure.

Insurance is dirt cheap mate!! Me and the mrs (4 yrs younger) £260 fully comp! MPG will be better, the OC reckon that the average is 36 but I reckon I'll see 40's easy as I get nearly 32 out of the 197!!

That's not really car finance. That's leasing.

Deoends what you do at the end!!

Iceberg 172
Yeah you 2 are right. I don't know anyone who has stumped up the money when given the option to carry on pay next to nothing a month for another new car!!!

LY R26
guarrenteed future value means the cars definately going to be worth what the payment is, whereas a OFP is just a optional final payment, and they dont have to offer you the value of the final payment

kevo66 said:
MPG a little but mainly the finance, had anothe 3yr on the 197 @£320 a month where as this is 2yr at £199

Three hundred and twenty quid a month to drive a 197? Jesus!

How much was the insurance on top of that? Twingo much cheeper?

swiftcover, thru tesco compare mate ;)

?? How do you mean? Its just the final payment I think :eek:

Just given them a go, only £10 less than i paid for just me on the cup, but with Sarah on umits £100 less than I paid for just me ob the 197, and £330 less then with her on the 197. Is tempting...

172 5HED
Three hundred and twenty quid a month to drive a 197? Jesus!

How much was the insurance on top of that? Twingo much cheeper?

Im old, I dont pay much insurance!!

Yerp, £320. Got mugged off by a the salesman TBH! Best way to learn ;)