ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye aygo hello 182!

05 plate clio 182
Wow what a car, feels like a rocket on rails. I had a 172 years ago but family and petrol prices took over. Drove an aygo for last two years, cheap to run but no fun at all. Getting into the 182 after handing over the aygo keys was so much better than I expected. It felt quick to me up to 5000 rpm, then all he'll broke loose. Wow.

clio 182 trophy
They do go well for what they are, but it is the handling that is the most impressive.

I take it you are either from pontypridd or pontypool?

05 plate clio 182
Pontefract, West Yorkshire. Not lived there in years though. When the thrill of flooring it wears off will this thing return decent mpg? I can't spend forty quid a day on fuel! Will the thrill of flooring it wear off?

Swift Sport
Welcome.

As far as quick cars go you've picked one of the most economical, so at least that's a bonus.

I quite liked driving the Aygo, I liked the little 3 cylinder engine.

clio 182 trophy
Pontefract, West Yorkshire. Not lived there in years though. When the thrill of flooring it wears off will this thing return decent mpg? I can't spend forty quid a day on fuel! Will the thrill of flooring it wear off?
Yes it will if you are on a motorway/dual carriageway ect. I got 48mpg going from south wales to leicester and back. Put it in cruise at 63 and your away. Boring as f**k mind but it will save you money when you want. Yes you get used to the acceleration, but you would in a 500bhp car too. The fun never wears off though!

RB Clio 182
Hi mate I'm from south elmsall, my 182 is the best most fun car I have owned. Still love it two years on.