ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye CS

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sod wonga dan lol you get a credit card on an interest free deal for 12/18months even after tht will only go to like 23%APR

Wonga is mad apr

Its bound to me obscene apr if you're paying it back so quickly. I don't think £150 interest on £400 is much to moan about tbh.

(This is going Waaaay off topic! lol)

340i
It took me 7hrs to change the flywheel, crank seal, clutch and fit a rebuilt gearbox on my own... with the use of a two poster ramp, socket set, spanners, screwdriver, elbow grease and some common sense

Its really not a bad job, you can do 90% of the work on your own.. just need a hand taking the box off / back on :)

If your really struggling for cash you could just have the box rebuilt for £275, gear oil £20 and sort your mate out for the use of his garage / ramp

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl!

It's hardly the end of the world! You own a desirable RB 182 that needs some box work, it's hardly a cambelt failure.

Man up, bide your time if you need to and get it fixed. The cars hardly going to fall apart while it waits on the box getting fixed.

Chin up kido.

Ph 1 172
I'd garage the fucker and save up tip I could afford the fix. It's not a engine rebuild after canbrlt failure so should be fine.

But if not how much you selling it for? Lol

120d M Sport
Too right Dan, what a stupid throwaway comment.

I'm pretty sure for requiring a new gearbox and clutch would be a difficult financial setback for most people to cope with, short term.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Danielhadaoneseventwoownsaoneeighttwowantsatwohundred. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL! I'm thinking about contacting the Hillington herald. :eek:

Pmsl!

It's hardly the end of the world! You own a desirable RB 182 that needs some box work, it's hardly a cambelt failure.

Man up, bide your time if you need to and get it fixed. The cars hardly going to fall apart while it waits on the box getting fixed.

Chin up kido.

This.

I couldn't afford to fix mine if it went tomorrow either. I'd have to sweet talk parents or OH for a very short term loan & that doesn't sit well with me, i don't do finance/debt! Need to start saving.

I think you're being a touch dramatic.

As pointed out, it's not the most expensive of things. Apply for a credit card, buy what you need, cut it up. All new ones will come with some sort of free interest period, pay it off in installments before then, job done.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. Harsh but tough-luck!

Most people wouldn't buy a car without the means to run it & repair it.

Refurb or 2nd hand box plus clutch, fitted as a homer/on the cheap will only be 400-500.

Mini Cooper S
Why don't you sell those turinis, buy some cheap s**tty steelies. That will pay for a gearbox refurb. Then borrow another £100 (surely you have £100 laying about??). Then get your mate to help you fit all of it. Job done!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Just save and fix it Chris, if i had this attitude with my car I would have had 10 new ones by now. Speak to James and Tom at Jms, see what they can do for you mate... or get yourself on the net and find somewhere were you can trade your old box and some cash. for a refurbished one then get it in a garage and get a new clutch fitted along with the new box.

Quit yo jibber jabba! Stop being a damn fool....!

Renault Sport Clio 182
gutted for u mate, such a shame, would be nice for you to get it fixed, hope whatever u decide it works out.

p.s go and get a real RS (focus) lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So are you keeping it, or selling it broken
whistle.gif

RS Clio Trophy
Not been harsh but you seem very depressed about something that is admitadly annoying but certainley not the end of the world, second hand gearbox's are very common and can save you loads, new clutch isen't much really and can't your mechanic mate do your car for mates rates? or like has been said just take the car off the road for a bit until you can afford it, thats what i have to do if summat major goes

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Fcuksake! Old Clio box from scrapyard £100 max, New clutch (£100 ish?) and fit it yourself. If you can't afford a two hundred quid repair bill then you really can't afford to run the car.

AUDI A5 s-sline
really sorry to hear this mate. i know how you feel. my head gasket went last year, dont have a clue how. (maybe driving it like it was a sport to much! ;) ) joking :p. only having owned the car 2 - 3 months! i was 18 and thank god i dont have a house to pay for yet. out came the big hammer on the piggy bank! ;) ! :).

hope you will get it sorted !!!!!!!!

Evo 8 MR
You needy b*****d. You make it sound like you are dying. Just fix it.

Fcuksake! Old Clio box from scrapyard £100 max, New clutch (£100 ish?) and fit it yourself. If you can't afford a two hundred quid repair bill then you really can't afford to run the car.

This.

My old man is the same, soon as theres a repair bill costing more than two digits he wants to sell the car and buy something else, daft as f**k.

Evo 5 RS
to be fair, if you really didn't want to shift it. Could you not just buy a 200 quid shitter to toot around in till you could afford to get the box refurbed/replaced?

172 ph1
u'l be back mate i bet....give him a year! i did my old ph1 needed pads and discs all round, full set of tyres and few other bits....sold it had another 3 cars and now back with another one lol

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
ok i probably have been a bit over dramatic about it TBH. will see the car 2morrow and see what is really needed, more than likely will now try to fix it over the course of the winter and turn it into a little project. Not too sure on what to do in the mean time with a car, cant stay on the old mans insurance for ever so will have to buy another car to see me through the winter. Thanks for all the support from everyone, Everyone else though iam not a mechanic i have no idea what parts cost and i dont know how to fit them.

Jha Bless

Mini Cooper S
Why don't you get a mechanic to inspect the damage? Sell your Turinis, then use that cash to pay for the new parts. How is the resolution to buy another car, which could cost you just as much?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to hear gearbox has gone mate. You've got to fix it though as it'll be worth nothing as a non-runner. Sell your turinis, get a credit card or ask your parents to loan to fund the repairs. Hope it's not off the road too long.