ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C&C3 Skirmish AI

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL - wtf have they done with the AI on C&C3? The campaigns are ok, but the skirmish AI appears to have had training at the Well 'ard Military Academy for the past few years.

Literally any RTS from EA in recent times I've been able to whack up the AI on skirmish to Brutal levels and have a decent game. With C&C3, I'm having hell of a job just against Medium level!

There are a few 'suspect' advantages to the AI side however. I dropped the NOD nuclear bomb on their particle cannon, followed up immediately by two Vertigo bomber strikes and the building stayed in place? Oooooo-k. :S

And unless it's built 5 airfields, there seems to be a stupid amount of Orcas in the air?

Anyone else notice this?

D.

?
I got this game, havent played it much but immediately I can agree.

Its f**king ridiculous lol

Playing over lan with 2/3 mates against 2/3 medium/hard armies we got creamed basically...

Would be interesting to spectate the AI for a bit and see what the hell there building / doing and how there doing it so fast!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
just say no rushing before you start haha.

am sure they will understand haha.

Funnily enough - I retried a Medium skirmish and set the opposing AI to have the Turtle mentality. Made for a great game as his bases were strong and every now and then, he'd launch loads of units at my base.

Gotta love those NOD laser towers....... NRRRRRRRRGGGGGG.... ZZZAP! :)

D.

BMW Z4 3.0i
My shitty basic spec laptop runs it. Not super fast admittedly and I have to run all the gfx detail at min, but it really is a cheapo laptop. Only 512mb ram. Should run nicely on most home computers. Only uses the c&C generals engine which is a good few years old now.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
sweet i can play generals,

jus dont have much space in my HD because it is partitioned, but i can try save it in the partitioned bit, theres shed loads of space in there.

To be honest - if you play GDI - at the beginning its best to set up shite loads of machine gun placements as you can coz Noddy tends to send in a LOT of infantry at teh beginning which you can anihilate whilst collecting enuff cash to start building your mammoths - Railguns are imperative and a load of APC's (one with a commando) and the rest full of infantry - zone troopes and rocket troopers to handle the rest - pit bulls arent particularly useful and if you stick your infantry in APC's they get promoted nice and quicly. Hearing 'Unit promoted' is a beautiful sound......

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest - if you play GDI - at the beginning its best to set up s**te loads of machine gun placements as you can coz Noddy tends to send in a LOT of infantry at teh beginning which you can anihilate whilst collecting enuff cash to start building your mammoths - Railguns are imperative and a load of APC's (one with a commando) and the rest full of infantry - zone troopes and rocket troopers to handle the rest - pit bulls arent particularly useful and if you stick your infantry in APC's they get promoted nice and quicly. Hearing 'Unit promoted' is a beautiful sound......

Playing as NOD, it's the railgunned Mammoth tanks and Zone Troopers that I find are the biggest ball-aches. Especially when the Zone geezers can use that rocket-pack device to hop over walls and stuff. Gits. ;)

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i suck at this game, just can't get used to the right click stuff.

love it though, i got a bit rinsed by some early rushes on the 'easy' settings lol i took so long to work out what i was doing etc. i really am bad.

i don't like the fact you can only get 1 group of rocket men into an APV. in generals you could load up the humvees and go tank hunting! ;)

still coolio game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i suck at this game, just can't get used to the right click stuff.

love it though, i got a bit rinsed by some early rushes on the 'easy' settings lol i took so long to work out what i was doing etc. i really am bad.

i don't like the fact you can only get 1 group of rocket men into an APV. in generals you could load up the humvees and go tank hunting! ;)

still coolio game.

Seb - have a go on the skirmish map called Unfair Advantage. Put yourself in the top location and allow an allied force of two CPU players to take the two bottom locations.

It makes for a good defense game which you later turn into offense. Good learning curve.

My personal niggle with the game is how nearly every unit can see the minefield that gets air-dropped - and shoot at it before their vehicles and stuff get anywhere near it. Boo! :(

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i'll give it a go.

i was alright at generals as i completed that no worries.

i tihkn the new patch in MAy will hlep with the gameplay problems everyone is moaning about on the forums.

What i don't like is that like 2 rocket men can't take out a tank ffs. beyond ghey tbh, as a few rocket men well used use to own.

i can do medium with a long struggle but hard - jesus i last maybe 10mins and got creamed. good game tho really enjoy but tis very hard on setting hard

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i can do medium with a long struggle but hard - jesus i last maybe 10mins and got creamed. good game tho really enjoy but tis very hard on setting hard

Yep, they've definitely upped the AI difficulty. Like I said, I used to go against Brutal level opponents on C&CG - I did even manage once (and just the once!) to beat two Brutal opponent teamed up against me.

With C&C3, I haven't even tried the hardest difficulty yet!

seb - the rocket geezers are ok for me, but I know where you're coming from. The only technical glitch I have is the sound of the voices alone through my X-Fi card have gone relly quiet since the first patch. If I install the game straight from DVD, the sound is perfect. Any patch applied after that makes them quiet again - even though the voice slider is set to maximum. :S

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmm weird re the prob with sound...

tbh, i am well geeky and watch replays form gamereplays.org. some are well funny, and also very good for tactics.

i love the little commando dudes form gdi who have the blue lazers and can use rocket packs lol very cool.