ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C1J engine tune-up *PROJECT*

Finally...Ive bought a old fiver, with this engine in it. My Blue Mule has C1E with 48 HP witch is less then ok.

So, next week, ill make a transplant (you know the Beatles song..."with a little help of my friends" :) ) and keep you informed thru pics...

But, since Im pulling the engine out...I would prefer it tuned :)

So, what can I go for, phase 1 NA tune up? Lightening flywheel, rejetting the carb or putting double...maybe change distributor cap to get it in higher revs...lightening the crank...what?

Also, a tech question...since Im still in old school engines, I dont have no MAF or MAP sensors, so would it be nice to slap double carbs and each one of them suckin from its own open filter?

So, all advices would be appriciated. As I said, in a couple of days Ill put the pics, so u can keep track of this "exciting" project.

Cheers :) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

well, it totally depends what manifold are available. You dont want to over carb the car as itll run worse than if it had too small a carb.

Its totally up to you what you want to do. But the biggest power gain will come from a flowed head alone. lightning just helps with smoothness and less mass to spin up, which is still good.

porting the cylinders?

I would modify the cylinder head and inlet manifold, port match as its easy work and the ex manifold is probs cast iron and will be far too much work for little gain so just match that to the head.

Since there are about nill available parts for this engine just work with teh std parts to increase their efficiency.

Increase the CR

you can yes.

You might need to up the fuel octane you normally run on and/or sort the ignition timing.

With the correct work yes.

But i have no idea if the level of work carried out is of sufficient quality and what the cam profile is as std. Or if you can find an alternative cam.

but you might as well fit a E7J enegy 1.4 with an all round better design and much more power potential from the same mods.