ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Park Renault Sport Track Day Pics

WOW!

SG1L3514.JPG

mini cooper (RIP 172)
nice pics danny:D i had a good day and had a nice in some great cars! next time tho i'll get my self on track:race:

lol at the pheasents did it do any damage ??

yer it cracked the bummber, went right through it! but i'm sure -JB- will tell you all about that:eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Beaut day!!! Damp in the mornin! But dried out early afternoon! Track was a bit green tho! :)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
^^ lol, only one crash, a striped 172 took out a post and 4 lenghts of armco! not too bad, but was missin most of the front:eek:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
^^ lol, only one crash, a striped 172 took out a post and 4 lenghts of armco! not too bad, but was missin most of the front:eek:
it was trying to chase me, was in the rear view mirror one moment and gone the next.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
lol, good work:D

but those two guys was really givin it some! when i was in the cup racer we was only just keepin up with this guy in his m8s cup:eek:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Cue what difference have the 15's done with handling??

:eek: More a case of the tyres than the wheels but the corning difference is staggering.

I think the wheels help the torque, with the geering being marginally different it seems to pull a bit harder than on the Exaltos, lot's more road noise also but again that's down to the tyres.

I'd recommend dropping to 15" and going for some R888's to anyone doing track days. Once they're warm they are nearly as good as slicks.

I was carrying as much speed at the end of the straights in the Trophy as I was in the Meggy - 115 mph at the end of the long back straight before the 3rd gear right hander (3rd with a speed box anyway). - I put this down to being able to exit the corners with a 5-10 mph head start on the R26.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Cue what difference have the 15's done with handling??

:eek: More a case of the tyres than the wheels but the corning difference is staggering.

I think the wheels help the torque, with the geering being marginally different it seems to pull a bit harder than on the Exaltos, lot's more road noise also but again that's down to the tyres.

I'd recommend dropping to 15" and going for some R888's to anyone doing track days. Once they're warm they are nearly as good as slicks.

I was carrying as much speed at the end of the straights in the Trophy as I was in the Meggy - 115 mph at the end of the long back straight before the 3rd gear right hander (3rd with a speed box anyway). - I put this down to being able to exit the corners with a 5-10 mph head start on the R26.

mate you were going very quick round the track:D the slicks made all the difference imo, i need a set soooo bad lol, they give loads more confidence in corners over road tyres

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Made me laugh near the end of the day. I took the R27 out with Jay - i think it was his name, the older of the 2 instructors.... when I kept my right foot planted going around the left hander at the end of the start finish straight he gripped the supports on the side of the seats and just said "i'm glad you proved me right"

apparently he'd had a discussion with someone earlier about whether you could get round the corner by just lifting off or if you needed to break, he said you may be able to take it flat out but wouldn't want to try it :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Made me laugh near the end of the day. I took the R27 out with Jay - i think it was his name, the older of the 2 instructors.... when I kept my right foot planted going around the left hander at the end of the start finish straight he gripped the supports on the side of the seats and just said "i'm glad you proved me right"

apparently he'd had a discussion with someone earlier about whether you could get round the corner by just lifting off or if you needed to break, he said you may be able to take it flat out but wouldn't want to try it :)

you took that flat out??? Not bad at all! I was nearly there, but bottled it!

One of the instructors was a toss! The one that took me out was decent! From Newcastle, baldy guy! He was like should be able to go round the hairpin without moving your hands!!!!!

EHHHH!!!! You don't drive a vee with the worst turnin circle known to man and you haven't seen the size of the wheel! LOL