ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Park Video 6/7/2009

Here's a video from the last session out for me, Leaving the pits behind Whiteley ;) ;)
Whiteley's video will actually contain the action as he let me past within a few corners, and my rear facing camera packed in :mad:

There's also another 182 on the video, not sure who it was, so feel free to indentify yourself :)

For some reason my editing software is dropping loads of frames so the other videos could be a while before i get them sorted, including my spin at hall bends :eek:

Good to see the Guy's and Girls off here.

No time to chat, as i need to sort out this power steering for the 2nd time this year :mad: box of matches anyone ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy1nYkomiMA

BMW M5 & E36
My phone fails at video's, will watch later. Foxy has all my footage on his laptop so it'll be up when he gets round to it later

172 sport
Good video Chris,quick and smooth driving,what the video does not show is how slippy the track was,especially under the trees,it was like driving on ice,as quite a few people found out to there cost:(

good video, good to meet you too!

Ive got plenty of footage, and had a fair amount of offs/spins, lol....going to put them altogether in one, hopefully will show how bad it was!

172 cup
^ we need whiteleys video up of you passing him and then over cooking it into the next bend, most amusing moment out on track that I saw

already done ;)

[youtube]HIXuhovO7-c[/youtube]

halfway through, lol

Will put my videos in another thread later :)

172 cup
haha didnt realise you had that many moments jord, vid from chris's camera is distorted, was it like that when you loaded it up?

First two outings are spot on...then halfway through the one where melissa is out with you it starts spacking out, dodgy tape imo!

BMW M5 & E36
First two outings are spot on...then halfway through the one where melissa is out with you it starts spacking out, dodgy tape imo!

:(

If you can do something with the first half of that one that'd be good, was fairly committed then.

None behind you Mr.480 in that case I'm afraid.

e91 330d/type r mini
foxy you would be better off with one of those tracks that doesnt have corners lol
made yourself look like an amateur :)

At least I stayed on the track, and didnt hit the armco like quite a few did ;) The video was supposed to show all the mistakes, hence the title lol!

My proper videos are uploading at the moment :)

e91 330d/type r mini
you did well not to hit anything as cadwell is not very forgiving when you get it wrong, especially through hall bends its like ice when its wet

After the thunder/heavy rain, I was literally going into it at like 20-30mph, felt so slow! Anything faster the back started to drift...hopefully wont be raining, or have rained for the renaultsport day in august!

e91 330d/type r mini
when i did cadwell in the rain it scared the s**t out of me these clios are to light on the back end and take some serious controlling, and as for lifting off mid corner dont even think about it or it will end in tears

S4 Avant
You can tell that's whiteley driving in the original video :rasp:

Some of those downshifts sound a bit brutal though coming into corners, maybe some heel and toe to help prolong the gearbox?

Some of those downshifts sound a bit brutal though coming into corners, maybe some heel and toe to help prolong the gearbox?

Me or Chris(480bhp)?

If its me, be reet, I have a few spare boxes, lasted 4/5 solid days of the same so far! Heel/toe is a good suggestion of course, but its not something I can personally turn up and do without fault round a track, also dosent help with my pedals being anywhere near level with each other!

when i did cadwell in the rain it scared the s**t out of me these clios are to light on the back end and take some serious controlling, and as for lifting off mid corner dont even think about it or it will end in tears

plenty did that yesterday....one snapped a rear wishbone where I nearly lost it!

Your clio still running OK?

S4 Avant
Me or Chris(480bhp)?

If its me, be reet, I have a few spare boxes, lasted 4/5 solid days of the same so far! Heel/toe is a good suggestion of course, but its not something I can personally turn up and do without fault round a track, also dosent help with my pedals being anywhere near level with each other!

Was referring to 480bhp guy, was impressed with your driving, and the fact that you're driving a car that you've built. My hat is well and truely off to you.

e91 330d/type r mini
plenty did that yesterday....one snapped a rear wishbone where I nearly lost it!

Your clio still running OK?
yeah shes all good ta but im going to be breaking it in the next few days and put the money to a phase1 172 :)

Melissa, the steering never got any better :dapprove: I should have a driver facing camera, that way you would have seen my struggle at turning in for Mansfield and the Old Hairpin, once the front of the car was heavily loaded the wheel just wouldn't turn, it's the rack that's broken but what exactly i'm not sure. Time for it too make way for a manual rack now ;)

Whiteley, shame you video of me didn't turn out, and that my rear camera was on the blink too, fcuking technology :mad:
Maybe on the 11th we'll get some ;)

Dave88, heel and toe would be great, but i can't get to grips with it in the clio, anyway the gearbox has only got too last 2 more trackdays ;)

Time to watch everyone else's video now, and hopefully get some more of mine up later.

Chris

both quality videos, cant wait to see the vids of Nick "cursing" towards some of the other drivers lol, next time i think they should ban the westfield's/caterham's from driving on the track when wet......... how many red flags was it again :p

RB 197
Jesus, it was dead slippy when i was out with Chris, coming through Hall Bends into the Hairpin, Chris has some balls! Can't half drive that kid.

Chris, pain in the arse about the steering! Bet it took some courage taking her out again after she packed in. Look forward to seeing the Troph out again in the near future.

As for Jord's mk1. Beautiful. Didn't realise Nick's spin off was on tape LOL. Won't play whole vid mind?