ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Vid Part one

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
you can have more fun in the wet. i don't mind a spot of rain :)

172 Race Car
Man that was wet! How can you see in the spray behind another car? Didnt see anyone overtake you, cadwell looks like an awsome circuit, will have to make the trip one day

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
no one all day went past me on merit - i was always either on a warm up lap or a warm down.

There were a couple of time attack Evo's, one pushing out 700+ BHP that wearnt trying that hard in the corners (left m e for dead on the straight but I caught them back up when a bend was imminent)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Now that's rain!

You know your way around by the looks of it - monstered a 911 in the process too :approve:

What tyres were you running...it looked like you had a lot of grip?

No offence intended but I cringed every time you took 3rd (?) going into Park. When you were behind the Teg you did a lovely blip when you shifted down while off the brakes between the two apexes of Charlies so you've got the timing for heel/toe changes. Give it a go! Once you've tried it a few times it's not so awkward, and a little perseverence pays well :)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i sussed heal and toe-ing in the M3 and 330 but i find it really awkward in the clio, not sure if it's because my legs are bent too much as the steering wheel can be adjusted for reach. The pedal alignments don't seem to have been designed for a 6'3'' bloke lol. When I did the National licence I learned the basics from a nice instructor whom I can't remember now (was over 10 years ago)

I've since gone to a more authordox left foot braking technique that in the wet is too dangerous as i'm yet to master the 'not headbutting the windscreen' amount of pressure. Certainly not for road use that one lol.

As it was so met i left the PE2's on. They did the trick, didn't notice any major wear on them, even when it dried out a bit late in the day. A few people (including a Clio Cup racer) had R888's on and they were treading very very carefully.

I love Cadwell, there and Oulton are my favorite track for the clio. I used to think Thruxton was excellent but the Trophy's just not quick enough for the circuit.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Tracks are good wet or dry i reckon

Totally agree with that, wet = more fun in slower conditions.

I didn't do any timing on the day but from the video i've calculated i was doing around 1.58 - 2.05's, in the dry i can knock a lot of time of that. I'm sure I was closer to 1.30 last year in the dry.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh, PE2s, makes sense, I found them to be stunning in the wet.

Pedals are fine for me at 6'1" - but I don't heel/toe as such, more left side of foot/right side of foot.

Have you got braided lines?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
yeh, I run max disks, pagid blue pads. OEM calipers. They're leagues ahead of the OEM braking figures.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ahh, PE2s, makes sense, I found them to be stunning in the wet.

Pedals are fine for me at 6'1" - but I don't heel/toe as such, more left side of foot/right side of foot.

Have you got braided lines?

yeh, thats all you can do really. Vee pedals are actually slightly beta than the 182's but still not ideal.