ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAF into fog light (pics)

This is how mine looks

Clio-3.jpg

Civic Type R EK9
You see these trumpets in just one side often alot of 106 owners take out one of the lights in a morette headlight conversion and put trumpet in

Civic Type R EK9
Yeh i know but im just going for additional cooling into brake/engine bay

and looks will make people wonder when you go up behind um

1.2 16V MKII
so is the ''caf'' just 2 let air in2 the engine bay?
how much are these things, they look pretty cool an i wud like my engine bay alot cooler, coz frm my temp gauge, it sits halfway all day.

FF Blackgold 182
No but its extra cooling better then nothing!!

Then why not do it on the other side as well. I know you said it was because the fog light gave up, but oh well. It's your car mate, do what you want with it. You should just go with your feelings and tastes when it comes to mods. Who gives a monkeys what a load of people on a forum think anyway? If you like it, go with it. Again, it's not to my taste because I believe it's in the wrong place and it serves no meaningful purpose, but like I said, it's up to you.

172 Race Car
No but its extra cooling better then nothing!!

Then why not do it on the other side as well. I know you said it was because the fog light gave up, but oh well. It's your car mate, do what you want with it. You should just go with your feelings and tastes when it comes to mods. Who gives a monkeys what a load of people on a forum think anyway? If you like it, go with it. Again, it's not to my taste because I believe it's in the wrong place and it serves no meaningful purpose, but like I said, it's up to you.

^ what he said

M2 Competition
Lol! Mark!

To cool the brakes you need them on both sides, and you need to cut a hole in the inner arch. You then run a length of tubing from the fog surround, through this hole in the arch, to in front of the wheel, to direct cold air at the brakes.

What you've done is doing bugger all fella, wont cool anything.

The people that have caf's on one side have them linked to their air filter in the engine bay via tubing.

FF Blackgold 182
Lol! Mark!

To cool the brakes you need them on both sides, and you need to cut a hole in the inner arch. You then run a length of tubing from the fog surround, through this hole in the arch, to in front of the wheel, to direct cold air at the brakes.

The people that have caf's on one side have them linked to their air filter in the engine bay via tubing.

^What he said! Nice one Peperami! I thought that it was just me that was confused!

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Lol! Mark!

^ not rocket science is it mark

Civic Type R EK9
I know im just trying to justify it LOL its for looks and its going to put some extra air somewhere so its cool lol

Chelsea tractor
At the moment it's giving extra air to the inside of the arch so I'd guess it'll give you about .0003kg of extra down force and increase the drag co-efficient by about .05 ;)

Civic Type R EK9
Course it wont make any diff to performance!! lol its quite a big open space behind there mind and theres slats to let air back out in arch liner at bottom

FF Blackgold 182
At the moment it's giving extra air to the inside of the arch so I'd guess it'll give you about .0003kg of extra down force and increase the drag co-efficient by about .05 ;)

Pmsl! Gumby, did you get the calculator out for that?;)

Chelsea tractor
No, I used comparative diagrams drawn up in AutoCAD and then fed them into a fancy wind tunnel program I have.

M2 Competition
Anyways, fair play for trying fella. The only way you find things out is by trying and asking, and in a way thats what a forum is for.

As for the brake cooling, if you're serious about doing lots of trackdays, remove the other fog light, and get hold of a second trumpet. Pop to halfords and get some flexi tubing, cut a small hole in the arch liners on both sides, and zip tie the tubing in place so it points at the brakes. Easy and cheap enough to refit fogs and fit new arch liners come sale time.

But to avoid cutting anything... Have you thought about uprating your front pads? A set of ds2500's is probably one of the best mods you can do fella, and wont cost much.

Civic Type R EK9
I bought those cheap omp road/sport ones so im going to bang them in before track and see um catch fire!!

I think i will leave feed as it is tbh just for looks

172 Race Car
I bought those cheap omp road/sport ones so im going to bang them in before track and see um catch fire!!

I think i will leave feed as it is tbh just for looks

I would recomend you change your brake fluid if your cooking the brakes as often as you report

M2 Competition
Leaving the handbrake off is mainly to stop you warping the rear discs i thought?

Worth bleeding them and changing to dot 4 fluid anyways. If you're not confident doing this a garage wouldnt charge much for it.

Chelsea tractor
The more you cook the brake fluid, the more spongy they will become each time. It'll never go back to what it was. I used to use dot 5.1 in mx as it was the highest boiling pt, but for road use/occasional track use there's no point spending that much on fluid!

Dot 4 should be fine as Peperami said, as is 5.1 if you're feeling super rich (Just don't use dot 5 as it's silicone based!)