ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all audio geeks

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I am going to be replacing my headunit in my m3, it has factory nav (double din) which is useless. I'm after a double din headunit that can accommodate some top end speakers/amps/subs iPod connectivity is a must. And it mustn't look horrendous.

My budget is £600... Suggestions?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like the jvc one with the bluetooth and nav built in, can't remember the part number though.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Single din headunits in double din slots look utter w**k.

Especially in an M3!

looks alright if its done properly, dunno what M3 dash looks like though

personally have never seen a nice double din thats not factory fitted though, even the crazy expensive ones look cheap and crap

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I've been looking at alpine tbh, the dash is just a full screen double din with some buttons on nothing out of the ordinary. Tbh it doesn't look bad just the functionality isn't upto much. I'm not bothered about sat navs etc I just want the best possible unit and sound quality.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Ive had my eye on that one it seems to be one of the only ones in that kind of price range, some of these low budget double dins are cringe worthy. Gonna give it some thought over the weekend and probally go for it

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
what about that denevon one, donovon? something like that begins with D. Costs around £600 and will run android

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Dinavision? I have looked into those and a few people have installed then in m3's and the quality isn't all that. My concern isn't multiple features it's to get the best quality system possible.

Monaro VXR
I mean if you had more money to spend I would say look at the Pioneer Avic F30BT units. But you are typically looking around £1000 for those.

They do have SatNav, bluetooth etc though. Which is something you would have to add to the Alpine should you want it later on. So depends what you want at the end of it all.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I could possibly stretch the budget depending how much better the system was. Due to e46 m3 prices i see little point of selling the car.