ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt change

CLIO Iceberg 172
just been quoted £430.00

to do the cam belt. on my 172 is this about right?

kit includes all the tensoners, timing kit, end caps, both belts.

so everything......

thats inclusive of VAT. so 430 is the price i pay....

its at a french car specalist called French Car-nection, here in essex

Mercedes C Class Sport
Doesnt sound bad, my 1.6 is in at renault having a cam+aux belt change for £300. Ive made loads of cambelt threads before too, There should be a sticky made with info about prices and stuff imo?

CLIO Iceberg 172
"How long have they been around ? as i've never heard of them before."

they have been around for a fair while...there located in rayliegh essex where essex coach works used to be... just along the A127

Sinclair C5
I paid £660 for cam belt plus tensioners etc., full service and disks and pads all round, a place in Newark, Nottinghamshire

"How long have they been around ? as i've never heard of them before."

they have been around for a fair while...there located in rayliegh essex where essex coach works used to be... just along the A127
Ahh right. I know where that is:)

RenaultSport 172
I had mine done by French carnection. I paid £560 including a basic service.
They seem like a decent place

Steve

Lionel Richie
please please please please please please PLEASE!!!!

whatever you do make sure the garage doing the work has the right tools (this goes for all 172/182/1.4 16V/1.6 16V owners, same tools required)

for a FF 172/182 the parts alone come to about £270 (retail)

Doesnt sound bad, my 1.6 is in at renault having a cam+aux belt change for £300. Ive made loads of cambelt threads before too, There should be a sticky made with info about prices and stuff imo?
No one ever reads or searchs or even looks at stickies infact there been ones done before.