ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt and matched inlets

Passat
Hi guys. Quick question please. Getting my cambelt done next week and plan to get matched inlets at some point in the future. Would it be worth my while to get the inlets done at the same time? Will I save on any labour for example? Is matched inlets an engine out job? Apologies if this is a daft question...I'm a novice. Cheers

330i. E30 Touring.
It would be easier to get them done at the same time, but it's no big deal if not.

Inlet change isn't an engine out job. Top inlet comes off in about 2 minutes. Lower one's slightly more tricky but nothing too hard

Passat
It's Birchdown that are doing the cam belt. I know it includes the aux etc but not sure about dephaser. Or water pump too actually. Anybody know?

Golf GTD Mk7
Not saying they do mate, but mine was starting to leak when it was removed. Just thought for the cost of changing it, why the fcuk not.

ph1 172
Would you recommend doing the dephaser though Fred?

I would mate my ph1 172 came with a fully stamped service history and a recent cambelt change and my dephaser is now on the way out so its off to birchdown next month for the whole lot to be done :( I'm glad i got the car for a good price lol