ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt chage

Bank loan

At a guess:

Cambelt
Cambelt Kit
Drive belt & Tensioners?

Bumper off, 4 hour job too if your experienced enough in un-assembling and re-assembling Renaults.

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 19 August 2005
4hrs lol, try about 8!

Renault numpties do it in 5!

Audi A4

how much will it be for the parts

Also just to confirm is that all the parts Ill need, as DAY has mentioned above, anything else, I just want to be sure.

you also need to get camshaft end caps, should really gat a new nut for the exhust cam pulley and dont forget you will need the special tools to lock the crank and cams in place. must torque all nuts bolts etc as well. if you are not sure or dont have lots of patience and time get someone who knows what they are doing to do it as otherwise its not worth the hassle. book time is 4hrs.
also new accessories belt and that can be akward to do in itself
[Edited by sean on 20 August 2005 at 9:55am]

[Edited by sean on 20 August 2005 at 9:57am]

Audi A4

Thanks Sean great help eventhough havent got a clue about any of the parts. A friend of mine is doing it for me and I just wanted to know what parts I needed. So from the list there is :-

Cambelt, cambelt kit, drive belt and tensioners, camshaft end caps, accessories belt and nut for exhaust cam pulley. Anything else?

Does anyone have the codes and prices for these so I know what sort of prices I should be paying at renault or does anyone on here sell the renault parts cheaper

Thanks for your help guys

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

you MUST have the correct locking tools for the cam pullies and cams, they are specific to these cars... without it and its potentially goodbye engine....

I only say this as they are easy to get wrong without the corrrect instructions and tools.

the cam belt kits are about £117 + vat for the gen renault ones

its a good idea to replace as tommy says the bolts, inc the bottom pully bolt as these are stretch items.

A.

Audi A4

Thanks Andy GDI

I asked my friend about changing it and he said he has the tools, he said he had the tools for 16v engines but he didnt mention, specific tools for a clio.

So the question is, are the tools only for clios or for 16v engines in general or only for the 2.0l 16v engines in the clio, can anyone confirm this, so I can tell my friend, he is a pretty good mechanic and has worked in a garage for years but Im unsure he has alot of experience with renault sport engines.

I assume theres not a great deal of mechanics that get to work on renault sport engines apart from renault dealers and ethusiasts, correct me if Im wrong

Thanks for your help guys

im a ren tech and as andy says he must have the correct timing tools . seen others attempted by mechanics who are not 100% sure and its can be a very expensive mistake.

if he has brought the tools he must have done some before so should be ok.

Audi A4

O.k. thanks Sean

Can you tell me what the name of the tools he need so I can go and say to him are these the tools you need have you got them and so on !!!

He seems cofident he can do it, its just me being a bit anxious as I have no clue what to expect, so its just for my piece of mind

Volvo S60 T5

If you are based near portsmouth PM me, I have all the Reno kit now for most jobs.

Will happily do the belt change for you.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

would be safer to let mike do it... he knows his stuff.

the clio 16/williams dont need the same tools as the F4R engines... these are specific to this engine group... and dont interchange....

all the pullies are friction fit and have no keyways etc.. so the cams have to be locked at one end and the pullies at the other with two separeate tools. there is supposed to be a crank locking tool as well but you can keep that lined up other ways.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/AndyGDI/141-4139_IMG.jpg

SC 172 FF

i paid 320 for a new water pump and a new cam belt at the same time!....check 2 make sure ur water pumps not on its way out m8....cuz i ad my cam changd then 2 yrs l8r the water pump went so ad 2 change the cam agen!u dont wana be payin 4 that engine 2 be cumin out twice! lol

Audi A4

Mike172sport your a bit far from me, just in case what sort of prices are we talking.

Andy gdi, thanks for the help, information and even the effort of putting a pic up for me, but you have totally confused me(Im sure half the forum are thinking f$%king idiot) but Im mechanically illiterate. Anyways is that the tool in the picture ( the black plate thingy or is that part of the engine)

Engine looks sweet obviously a new one.

Well thanks for your help guys

Audi A4

I was told that by my mate whos going to do the cambelt change.

Ill_Moves for a cambelt change the engine needs to be taken out of the car, is that true?