ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change, What to upgrade

172 cup
When changing the cambelt is there any think i can upgrade when doing this, i mean like vernier pulleys.
With the intension of adding cams in the future.

Lionel Richie
if you're doing a cambelt, you may aswell do the cams at the same time, its only about another 2hours on top

you got the special tools?

172 cup
Got tools to do cambelt, as long as there is nothing special needed to fit the cams should be no problem.

Lionel Richie
you need the following

cam locking tool
cam pullies lock tool
crank pin

and a tube of silicone gasket stuff

RS RIP
around 600 pounds, less than that.

Check out Yozzasport, K-tec, Greydeville industries (GDI)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Got tools to do cambelt, as long as there is nothing special needed to fit the cams should be no problem.

you will need the cam seal kit from renault and a end stud for one of the cams (if you use CAT)

its best to remap it if you can too!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
James, you can get the cambelt and the relevant pulleys from Four Ashes for about £130 inc vat.

BMW M135i
I've just a bought a cam and aux belt kit from renault to do mine next week and the aux belt kit was £107, cam belt kit was £140, and the core plugs for the end of the head were £10~.

They should've wore a mask :mad:.

172Petey

lol, everything for this car from renault is well over priced. Dnt think i have ever been into Renault with out walking out with nothing or feeling like my pants have been pulled down!!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i'v just had my cam + aux belt done for £220 fitted using gen renault parts, i know this as i stood and watched them being fitted lol, i only got charged £5.00 for the core plugs :rasp:

LY 182
i bought a cambelt kit for my f4r yesterday from euros - contitech belt and litens tensioner + idlers (same make as the renault ones that came off)... 72 quid inc vat trade.
then ive got to get to end caps from renault for about a tenner

i've read so many people saying only buy genuine etc but to be honest conti are very very well known for there cambelts and the tensioners are oe anyway so i cant see there being a problem... i'll let you all know if it falls off, lol

172 cup
i bought a cam belt kit for my f4r yesterday from euros - contitech belt and litens tensioner + idlers (same make as the renault ones that came off)... 72 quid inc vat trade.

I've read so many people saying only buy genuine etc but to be honest conti are very very well known for there cam belts and the tensioners are oe anyway so i cant see there being a problem... i'll let you all know if it falls off, lol

+1 Same make as mine at the end of the day Renault don't make there own belts, there just boxed up as there,s.

LY 182
i bought a cam belt kit for my f4r yesterday from euros - contitech belt and litens tensioner + idlers (same make as the renault ones that came off)... 72 quid inc vat trade.

I've read so many people saying only buy genuine etc but to be honest conti are very very well known for there cam belts and the tensioners are oe anyway so i cant see there being a problem... i'll let you all know if it falls off, lol

+1 Same make as mine at the end of the day Renault don't make there own belts, there just boxed up as there,s.
gates make renault belts..
dosn't mean to say its ok to get a gates kit though, most of the time yes, but i did a 2l focus cambelt not long ago i fitted a gates kit and it broke down a month later.
found it had no compression and on looking in to the plastic roller on the tensioner had seperated clean away from the tensioner.
ended up having to take the head off and change 8 inlet valves all parts at cost from the factors i bought the belt kit on but still no compensation..

fitted a gen ford kit the next time round, it had exactly the same belt but the tensioner was actually ford branded as opposed to gates..

in the case of the euros belt kits though they are actually litens tensioners same as renault use