ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camera advice

Evening all I'm after getting the other half a decent camera for her birthday (which I can also use). At the moment we just have a dire point n shoot camera, budget is up to £350 I've been looking at some of the 'bridge' cameras and I was hoping the cs experts would be able to point me in the right direction.

What are you going to shoot, do you want to do motorsport or general pics of your mates on holiday/down the pub, do you ever use the zoom on your compact, would you miss it, do you want to learn modes (shutter speed, aperture, Manual etc.) & should it fit in your pocket?

Don't buy a bridge.

A Lumix if you want something small. Whatever Canon/Nikon you like if you want a proper SLR.

What are you going to shoot, do you want to do motorsport or general pics of your mates on holiday/down the pub, do you ever use the zoom on your compact, would you miss it, do you want to learn modes (shutter speed, aperture, Manual etc.) & should it fit in your pocket?

Nah not motorsport just general pics really holiday, mates, scenery, car. Zoom does get used although its rubbish on my compact and i think i would miss it. the idea of learning shutter speeds etc does sound interesting but im unsure in reality if i would ever be bothered to learn. Im unsure about the refurbished ones as its for a present i need it to be in original box etc.

Revels
something like this you reccomending if i dont want a full slr? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item256714ae09

also why not a bridge? i thought they were meant to be a decent upgrade from a compact?