ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera ISO confusion

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Still getting used to my new camera coolpix s6500

Ive took the camera out of auto as i found it taking grainy pics....Ive set it to p which allows you to change any setting on the camera.

Whats an ISO if say 400 used for compared to an ISO of 100:S

Im trying to take pics inside but dont want to be using the flash...What would be the best setting to have it on?

Thanks

182 FF & 306 Rallye
On a digital camera, ISO is the sensor sensitivity. A higher ISO is a higher sensitivity. So use a high ISO for night shots, and a low ISO for bright daytime shots. A higher ISO will result in more grainy photos.

Use the lowest ISO you can that still gives you a reasonable shutter speed.

any guides on this, ibe been wating to know how to use the cam settings to do those fancy night shots people do on here,

BMW M3
ISO is good for motion shots and night. Obviously the longer the exposure the more light enters the lens. For night ones you will need a tripod for anything remotely decent.

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
I have a Nikon Coolpix, the "Party/Indoor" scene function usually works a treat in darker settings. I use it when out clubbing or at gigs, you get some nice light effects too :cool:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I have a Nikon Coolpix, the "Party/Indoor" scene function usually works a treat in darker settings. I use it when out clubbing or at gigs, you get some nice light effects too :cool:

hmm ill have to try that.....ive just gone from auto to P setting

Thanks