ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive decided to get the Trophy cammed. Ive been reading a lot about cams and cannot decide which one's.

I use the car for sprints so im looking for quick acceleration, also do the odd trackday. 438's. 421's, GT, Schrick advice would be welcome..............

Johnny

53 Clio's & counting
Re: Cam's

Schricks > everything else (Can you tell I liked mine?)

Have catcams in the Williams, and seem quite good

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

I thinking of 438's or Schricks atm need a price tomorrow see what the difference is..................

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Decided on the 438's after seeing and reading results/reviews/graphs, gt cams are good by all accounts but similar to the 428's which are bit too mild. Everyone has their own opinion on them both and it's been done to death on here.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

438s have yeilded great drivabilty and good results for a handful of cars that I've done so far :) They would be my first choice
Mapping a ph1 that I've just fitted with GT cams tomorrow so we'll see what they come up with. They're almost identical to 428s so I kind of know what to expect, but they're well priced so they fit nicely in the pay less for less gain bracket. Car drives well pre mapping anyhow

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
danny, post up the results with the gt cams please, gaz on here got 187bhp iirc couple of weeks back on a rr day with the gt cams fitted. only seen 2 results so far with gt cams one was freds own graph and gaz's.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
danny, post up the results with the gt cams please, gaz on here got 187bhp iirc couple of weeks back on a rr day with the gt cams fitted. only seen 2 results so far with gt cams one was freds own graph and gaz's.

Will do once the owner has the results

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
£985, with mapping optional. Have to see what the owner thinks of this one and what it makes on his local rollers compared to the before result first. They're a way off 438s though

Evo 5 RS
I've 428s but I'd openly admit to buy now you'd be better off with the newer options given here. Not seen many results posted for 438's but they seem to make fairly good peak power.

Then again so do 428s. Hello minefield

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
180bho and 160 lb with the gt cams then? Not great figures are they?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
mild cams to be honest, they're only 428 replicas really. Drives well though and it's a definite improvement from before. I would have prefered to fit 438s, but I can only give the options, not force anything on people :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Not a fan of Matts dyno? TBH Id happily see what it makes elsewhere.

Well a 182 I did with 428s and a few other small bits made 185 at SRR so I'd say you'd do that or thereabouts

The ph1 did 185 with the KTR induction btw so the stock airbox and elbow is definitiely holding it back a little

It drives brilliantly, perhaps I should've gone for 438s. But with the ktec induction it was 23bhp above my starting figure. I know it has other mods too, im happy with it!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That's entirely the important thing. As I mentioned, it took a lot of extra fuel in the midrange over the standard map, so there was definitely a big chunk you gained there. I really liked it beweek 4.5 and 6k the best

53 Clio's & counting
That's entirely the important thing. As I mentioned, it took a lot of extra fuel in the midrange over the standard map, so there was definitely a big chunk you gained there. I really liked it beweek 4.5 and 6k the best

Exactly where you need it for road driving, sounds like a good improvement

My biggest gains are definitely noticed lower down. Like you've said, the car comes alive so much earlier and holds its force up and over 7k , ill get a dyno done later in the year at the RR that I got 162bhp on.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm starting to lean further towards the 438's now after seeing a few results, only thing I'm worried about is it having an uneven idle and crappy drivability for normal driving. I know that the GT cams that fred is supplying certainly idle very smooth and sams car sounded nuts when it hit 5k RPM.