ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams

PS, this is what I mean about strapping the car so it climbs the front roller.

MayoClimbingBIG.gif

How's that for a power gain.

Thats 2 runs a minute apart, no changes to the car, just the straps being deliberately changed to show the effects.

Hello Chip,

So is there a recomendation you can give when you go to a RR when mods have been done to maintain consistency in the results within a low percentage, I make sure the car is warmed up the front tyres are 31psi and the tank is 1/2 full, I would have thought mine would make about 175 bhp/155lbft and not the 185bhp/174lbft at TDF, what can I ask the operator to do that with respect to consistency? on RS tunings it made 162/149lbft before the mods.Mods were S2000 single cable TB and matched inlets along with their ECU.I tend to use times for gains in mods and agree they are a tool for tuning a map and finding any problem, and don't take to much stock from RR figures but would like some consistency.

Regards Russ.....

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If its a dyno dynamics set of rollers, it tells them everything they need to do in the manual TBH mate.

The two key things are:
Sensible placement of the air temp probe
Making sure the car is squarely between the two rollers on the driven wheel

But there are loads of other little cheats as well.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Gutted im not running but i will be there . Theres a lot in our class......
/

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Russ check your email and the scooby is the red n/a car.

Why aren't you running Johnny?

Ive hurt my shoulder and that track will make it worst:S
But im bring my car down for you and Russ to have a go and give me your thoughts............

Russ check your email and the scooby is the red n/a car.

Why aren't you running Johnny?

I've checked my email and can't see anything if you've sent something Colin, I wasn't sure about the Scooby, Steve is running in his but can't remember this one and thought that they had just amalgamated him into 1B as there's nothing running in 1C.

Clio 182
Had my Dyno training last week, plenty you can do to cheat dynos, not strapping the car down properly is an easy one. I tested it on my clio, strapped down properly it made 180bhp (after map) but with it slackened slightly, it made 202bhp (front wheel goes up onto the front roller)

Even a small movement to the steering wheel can cause it to mis-read.

Well done for today Russ 3rd in class ;)

I thought you were going to win so close yet so far

Cheers John, went a lot better than I thought TBH over drove the last run and was lucky to recover over the top of the hill.
Good day all round, and would just like to say to anyone thinking of fitting these cams that it's well worth the money, suprised me and Colin how quick it was just driving around the industrial estate, that's with us 2 in the car 2 spare wheels and all the stuff John brings to the sprint onboard, his car felt quicker than mine empty, pulled well low down and just took off when it hit 5000 rpm, don't think I'l bother with ITB's tbh

See you at Anglesey if you and Colin make it ok.

Regards Russ.....

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Cheers John, went a lot better than I thought TBH over drove the last run and was lucky to recover over the top of the hill.
Good day all round, and would just like to say to anyone thinking of fitting these cams that it's well worth the money, suprised me and Colin how quick it was just driving around the industrial estate, that's with us 2 in the car 2 spare wheels and all the stuff John brings to the sprint onboard, his car felt quicker than mine empty, pulled well low down and just took off when it hit 5000 rpm, don't think I'l bother with ITB's tbh

See you at Anglesey if you and Colin make it ok.

Regards Russ.....

Ive just printed the the application for Angelsey bud and will post it tomorrow

All posted bud are you staying over or traveling up on the day
Hello John

I'll drive up early doors as normal when it's the one day, would like to do both days as I've got times for both National and International when the car was standard, trying to get Colin to double drive mine if he wants.

Regards Russ....

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Am i right in saying that if i purchase new cams i have to go and then change belts and everything again? Cambelt was recently changed already

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Am i right in saying that if i purchase new cams i have to go and then change belts and everything again? Cambelt was recently changed already

Yes, you could risk re-using the tensioners, but I dont think renault will sell you just a belt so not much point.

HBT 172 Cup
You can buy the belts individually off ebay for £35 from memory.

Id personally replace the belt only for any time it needs to come off, and then replace the tensioners at 5 years/ 72k. Im sure people will disagree with this though.

HBT 172 Cup
I've bought a couple. One was FAI, one was gates. Both clearly new, from reputable sellers! What more can you ask for? :p

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough, I still would sooner go to someone where I have someone to shout at if it goes wrong though TBH for something as important as a timing belt.