ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone repair laptops? Or recommend a repair centre?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FE14S with a broken LCD panel. It's the X-Black screen too, from what i've been told.

Can anyone on here source the panel, and repair it cheaper than the price i've been quoted?

The best price i have been quoted so far is £180. That includes collection, same-day repair and delivery back to me.

Is this a good deal? The repair centre is in London, i'm based up in Cheshire.

I stepped on the screen at the weekend... that'll teach me to leave it on the floor. :eek:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Sounds good price actually. Usually when an lcd is busted its better to get a new laptop as the price of repair isn't worth it.

Punto/Clio GTT
try repair it yourself?

cant see it being stupidly hard.

gonna be some guides on google to do it too, just source the screen

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers Griff

Is that his username?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=4070

He might not be able to help but for the sake of sending a quick PM it's worth asking him.

Cheers Griff, i will do.

try repair it yourself?

cant see it being stupidly hard.

gonna be some guides on google to do it too, just source the screen

I tried to repair a keyboard once.

Outcome: FAIL

Since then, i just pay :eek:

I can send you the service manual for the laptop, tells you screw by screw how to replace things, can even help you over the phone if we get a translator..you would just need to source the screen that's all :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be worried about sending your laptop anywhere, Chris. I thought you said the 'private collection' you had on there made Gary Glitter's look tame?

D.