ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can anyone tell if this is a cup version

I just bought this and still waiting for log book to arrive but have been told its not a cup version. Can anyone advise me how to tell please?

2013_01_15_00_08_07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
  Monaco 172
The cup variants don't have xenon headlights fitted or the washer jets. I'd say its a standard 172 buddy

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't see the brembo brakes/inside trim or a different spoiler... I think I might be blind though ;)

Not sure about blind but if you see brembo brakes on a standard 1*2 you'd be seeing things!

As above, im sure if hes told you its a cup then your probably able to get your money back.

RB 182 195bhp
No, it's the wrong colour, they are only blue or silver, and it has half leather seats, which a cup doesn't. And who would remover tourinies? Haha

if this is the same car it was listed on ebay as being a cup, saw a black 172 listed as a cup but this may not be the same car far 2 many people list cars as being a CUP just like some one listed a ph1 as a cup on a french page on fb a month or so ago and when i asked him a simple question he removed the add and then put it on ebay as a cup

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a Clio 172 Mug, not a Cup. You'd be surprised how many of these there actually are, usually found on Gumtree/eBay.

Did you specifically want a 172 Cup or are you just curious ?

Transit & Death trap
NO.
How a Cup should look....
Front splitter, though many have them missing now and it should have these wheels.
Also look out for the headlight washer blanks and it should have Cup 172 badges in silver and yellow on the door(B pillar).
IMG
DSC05453.jpg
IMG

172 cup
Is that the one your breaking Ben? I spy with my little eye.... Cup badges!Edit: don't break it though looks way too good!

Last edited: