ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can anyone tell me..

clio sold :(
What the purpose of this square is in my windscreen???

20121108_124052.gif

Well firstly there is the search "square" at the top right.

You could either "search" for it or read the manual.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Do a search.

Apparently its for toll roads in france.

But some people think its there to let the sat nav signals through the screen.. seriously

Clio 182
For displaying things that may be obscured by the solar reflective coating of the screen (or something like that; that's what the manual says)

wasnt as intresting as i thought just the neighbours 182 doesnt have it either. Just curious
And i looked through the handbook when i got the car and didnt see this in there but tbh i wasnt looking for this thing at the time.

Uno that satnav idea has somthing! My satnav wouldnt work today in the car when on the window. I put it next to this square and it sort of started working kept coming and going. First time my sat nav has been unable to pic up a signal since i have owned it.
But mayble my satnav is just playing up

306 GTI-6
Yep, the clios and other Renaults had/have athermic coated windscreens. Its an anti uv coating, but it has the side effect of damping or reducing the transmission of gps signal through it.

The square gap is in the coating to permit transmission of gps for satnav, mobile, and in some European countries such as France and Germany, the signal to/from toll systems such as toll2go or the short range comms systems also used for toll charging.

If you look at various cars, normally easier when the car is coming towards you, you may notice the slight purple or green tint to the windscreen. This is normally the athermic coating.