ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone tell me what this is?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
image.jpg

I'm trying to trace the reason for my airbag light/SERV light being on and looking under the drivers seat I've found this..

I'm not sure where it should belong? Or if it should be left as it is? Any help greatly appreciated..

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it a connector for the side impact sensors? What car?
Check under the seats right on the edge near the trim.
I could be wrong.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It's just loose under the seat sat on the carpet and I can't see anything obvious where it may connect into?

Sorry it's a 182 Cup..

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If it's the seat position sensor it won't be needed due to Cups not having airbags in the seats.

Edit - I read that wrong..it would be for the steering wheel airbag. In which case it needs to find a home.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its the sensor that tells the car if anyone is sat in the seat , use a cable tie to set the cicroswitch to the closed position and leave it at that.

Megane 225 f1
Dare I ask it`s exact purpose?
Not the 1st time this issue has been raised.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/microswitch-attached-to-seat-rail.560427/
I`m suspecting the car has had non OE seats at some time.

It rivets to the runner and is so the airbag computer knows where the seat is. Imagine you are sat very close to the wheel and the airbag goes off, you dont want it deploying fully. Same as if your sat away from it you want the airbag to deploy fully. Not 100% sure of its location but i know it rivets onto the seat runner somewhere.

Clio Mk2 II
The switch is normally open.
Pushed and closing circuit when the seat is in the first ca. 5-8 cm from the beginning of the journey (close to the steering wheel)
So, for normal driving it should be left open, not tied. Tied = airbag won't fully deploy.