ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon SX30 IS, who has one?

1.6 Ford Focus
Sort of an impulse thing here but I came across the Canon PowerShot SX30 IS and I am really tempted to sell my SX110 IS and buy that one.

Has anyone got one of these and know what they are like? It's mainly the lens size, crazy 35x optical zoom and full manual mode that is tempting me.

Cupra
A mate of mine just got one recently and let me have a quick play with it. My thoughts:

- Zoom: Insane range. Gets you really close and the stabiliser seems to work well with it too.
- Controls: lots of the adjustments need multiple presses of buttons or menus. As long as you have time to compose the shot, it is perfectly workable but I am just spoiled with my own camera.
- Quality: Seems good enough. It still has a compact sensor, so is not up with the SLR's. Some of the photos I saw which he has taken in dull light (not that low) were also unsharp and lacking in contrast and had a load of noise. It could be user error, but the test shots I took didn't look that pretty on the screen either (could also be user error!).
- Video: Not everybodies thing, but with the zoom and IS, the results are pretty good.

All in all, a pretty good bridge camera that gives you a huuuuuuuuge zoom range.

1.6 Ford Focus
Hmm right, cheers. It's nice to know what people think of it first hand instead of professional reviews.

Im going to try selling mine and buying this then, I found some videos recorded with it on youtube and the quality looks amazing.

I don't suppose you could upload some sample pictures if you have any? I couldn't find many online.

Cupra
I didn't save any and he does not put any images online. You can do a search through Flickr by camera. It should give a good idea of image quality and lots of people upload full size images.

Lol @ Danny. To be classed as Pro you have to be able to pay the bills with your work. I'm a fair way off that!!

1.6 Ford Focus
Ah I didn't know you could do that on Flickr.

Does anyone happen to know what the max exposure time is on the S30 or is it to bulb? My old SX110 limits the max to 15 seconds.