ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't decide... Your opinions please

Titanium phase 1
So I'm planning a full respray of my titanium phase 1. I have two options

1.respray in honda championship white
2.respray but original titanium silver

Both are very nice colours but I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place
I'm also a bit indecisive about the wheel body colour combo

If you're gonna do it, you might aswell go for a crazy colour imo.

White would look great, but I personally never ever want to own a white car, as they're a b**ch to keep clean.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
By full respray, do you mean an entire body strip down ? That'll be fapping expensive and you won't have your car for a couple of weeks at least I'd image.

If not, surely the overspray will be hideous in white, especially if the inside of the doors etc are silver.

Why do you want to do a full respray ? What about a wrap ?! Much cheaper and 'easily' reversible if you don't like it...

Titanium phase 1
It'll deffinately be a full respray doors,boot,bonnet,bumpers,wings off the car.not stripping the full interior,I'll be doing all the prep and stripping so costs will be low plus it's my brother in law doing the spraying so got a good deal for a top job

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I had a full respray on my phase 2 and to be fair i regret sticking to the standard colour, was a good opportunity to do something a bit different.

Just make sure you get the engine bay done aswell :)

Last edited:
  Vectra
Get Something Done That People Will Notice

Your Choice Of Colour Is Boring Old White! Get Something Done That Will Stand Out From The Crowd

Plus White Is A Nightmare To Keep White

White does not suit the 172/182 shape Clio IMO, it looks old and dated. It looks fantastic on the 197/200 shape though.

Titanium phase 1
That would look special,I'm not bothered by a colour that's hard to keep clean,I wash it every week what ever the weather

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i love that BMW colour, very nice, very special but its not right in your face. i think the front of a phase 1 would look so mean in that colour

either that or white, as white does look very nice. think ive seen a RB 172 ph1 before and it looked nice

Disastra Coupe
I'm struggling to understand this 'full respray'... Are you having all door shut's, boot shut, engine bay etc. painted? If not, go standard. It'll look an eye sore otherwise. If you are doing all that, go white if you like but i don't think Championship White is the nicest of white's out there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Keeping it the same colour is the best option.

Changing the colour of a car these days is never something I suggest.

Titanium is also the best Silver i've ever seen.

Titanium phase 1
I'm struggling to understand this 'full respray'... Are you having all door shut's, boot shut, engine bay etc. painted? If not, go standard. It'll look an eye sore otherwise. If you are doing all that, go white if you like but i don't think Championship White is the nicest of white's out there.
doors, boot, bonnet, bumpers, wings, skirts,spoiler,lights and all rubber seals will be removed aswell as the windows. what whites would you suggest mate?

Clio 172
Lunar grey ftw
news_meganesport.jpg

Nimbus would be cool aswell
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPEA7oPahHI9vSI665cFkc02TXgXYMj1sV-8pjgn_GQIXbbE3vXlXENf1klg.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lunar is very nice, thats a good suggestion.

Renault do have some awesome colours!

172 Cup
Keep it the OE colour, it will look like a mint example after its been done (provided the wheels and other touches ect are up to scratch) and it will help you more imo when you come to selling up.

Titanium phase 1
I've come to a decision... Respray in original titanium then add a few bits like phase 2 door strips and possibly tail lights and cup spoiler,oh and nearly forgot my new rs Renault sport badge for the back.

Titanium phase 1
What a massive waste of cash!
Not at all mate,it's gonna be done professionally by a family member so got a good deal,it needs doin especially the roof and whole front end,plus idiots in car parks have put a few scrapes in the doors,I'd rather have the whole car sprayed to save the hassle of slight differences in colour.

PB172
I thnk he means about sticking to the standard color.

If I where you I'd go matte colors :) Or RB... just 'cause it's lovely.

Titanium phase 1
What colour is rb then? I'm not clued up at all on the abbreviated paint names? The only matte colour I like is the blue on the 182 cup (the blue with the optional stripes)