ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get rid of my external monitor flicker!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Tried installing the drivers for my LG M227WD, the latest Vista updates and the latest drivers for the Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 on the laptop but the flicker remains.

I read somewhere that i need to change the refresh rate to 75hz or above but the only option i have is 60hz, whether i go through windows or the Nvidia control panel.

It's connected via VGA and resolution is 1920 x 1080 as it's an HD screen.

I didn't get this problem before but i've recently moved house and since re-connecting here i get problems! Tried moving the screen away from anything electrical but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Hmm, that sucks. I can't find a decent resolution for it that keeps it nice and crisp. It's a 22" screen.

teh res isnt 1920x1080 its 1680x1050 i think its 16:10 not 16:9 well mine is anyway and its almost exactly the same

Mk2 Golf GTI
Whenever i change the res it comes up on screen saying for optimal results select 1920x1080.

The screen looks awful on 1680x1050, even more flicker and it shakes too!

Where would i change to 16:10?

I've just found an option that will allow me to input custom resolutions and refresh rates.

What refresh rate would be best and do i run the risk of imploding my monitor if i do it wrong?!

At present my only option is 60.

172 Cup
The native resolution is indeed 1920 * 1080 and even at 60hz there shouldn't be a noticeable flicker. That said some people are more susceptible to screen flicker but if you can't perceiver it on another unit (at work, a mates monitor maybe) running at 60hz then it's likely you have a faulty monitor.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Thing is it doesn't flicker when i've got the xbox hooked up over HDMI, or when i use the built in digital TV tuner.

It's quite hard to explain the flickering over the net but when viewing sites like CS (white) i dont see anything. But if i go to a dark site like iplayer it shows up a lot more. as a sort of wishy washy grey flicker

I've tried tinkering with the screen settings with no luck. changed the refresh rate from 50-75 and they didnt work.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Hmmm, the flicker's gone now, back to how it was before i moved house!

Only things i'd done were remove and replace the VGA cable (which i'd tried before with no luck) and restored the colours to the default settings (which i hadn't manually changed).

Strange, but happy!