ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car detailing

RB 182 cup
Hey guys and girls, just wanted to know if anyone on here details cars? would really love for someone to take the machine polisher to my car!

Thanks for any help or advice :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stick up "Detailer Required Coventry area" in the wanted section mate. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You could try Liam (Curley on here)...he was starting up his own Detailing business...and he's in the Coventry Area...give him a PM...:)

RB 182 cup
cheers guys for the info, ill give them a PM, althoughth I the evening after I posted this, I found out a mate does bodywork repairs etc at a garage and the guys will do the job for £40 which i think is gonna be pretty hard to beat?

cheers guys for the info, ill give them a PM, althoughth I the evening after I posted this, I found out a mate does bodywork repairs etc at a garage and the guys will do the job for £40 which i think is gonna be pretty hard to beat?

They'll mop it. And ruin the paint. Cheap for a reason. Avoid.

RB 182 cup
not really, just because its a cheaper price doesnt mean people have to assume its going to be a crap job, I was just saying its a mates rate.

M135i
Bodyshops usually use an aggressive pad and polish combo, throw it over the paint without breaking down the polish correctly and will leave you with buffer trails etc. Probably take them 1 1/2 hours tops.

While if you get someone who can do the job properly, to do a decent enhancement or correction detail, you're looking at a day plus, depending on your needs.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
as well as vastly improving the paint, they do all the fine little touches that a body shop generally would not, as well as full de-contamination and sealing / protecting it

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
70 Quid i charged my mate once. took over a day never ever again am i doing a detail on anything for less than 100 it just isnt worth it purely for the hours put in alone.
It takes time to polish upto a good finish.

BMW E46 330i Touring
£40 is too cheap for a quality job, even at mate's rates.

The time is takes to properly machine polish a car is in itself worth more than £40. There's no such thing as a 'quick job' in that respect, as cutting corners and rushing just leads to ruined paintwork.

Honda & VW
I agree with JD and Adam, at mates rates £100 is my basic for a days work. For a decent turn around in the paints condition you are looking at an absolute minimum of 6-8 hours IMO. So based on this your mate is only getting a maximum of £5 per hour, that's of course if he were to be doing a proper job appose to the quickest method.

Like magpieV6 said... You get what you pay for (albeit she put it the other way round)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've just spend 3 days sorting a heavily swirled/hologrammed tornado red polo gti. Damn it looked good after and suprisingly worth all the hours I spent on it.

A General rule is pretty much every bodyshop will mop the paint using a heavy compound, mostly g3 which can leave severe buffer trails and marks you just dont want

Megane R26
I still exist!

I'm booked up until December now though... when were you looking to get it done?

I doubt your mate will be doing a grand job for £40 tbh, but if you want the holograms sorting afterwards, drop me a PM lol :p