ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car failed its MOT

ur megane r26
am gutted cant use my car untill wednesday now ffs, how much are brake pads for the clio 1.2 phase 2? and where can i get them from? also need a new rear wiper and my light bulb re-adjusting, and another thing they said that i had a nail in my tyre at closer inspection from me and my dad it was literalli sittin on it and all ya had to do was rub your hand up and down the tyre and it fell clean out not puntured the tyre or notin, i tell you it couldnt have came at a worse time grrrrr, it aint that bad like to get repaired just the fact that i cant use the car for a while

Black Ph2 172
Slow down, get a dictionary, and get paragraph, please it will help.

Brake pads will be cheap,although I don't own a 1.2 they can't be more than £25? Rear wiper will also be cheap. They should do the lightbulb for ya, brakes you could probably do yourself if your any good with mechanical stuff.

Surely they will be open tomorrow morning so you could get it retested?

ur megane r26
yer but cant get it retested at renault untill wednesday, and we get free tests there and as i aint got alot of money atm cant realli afford to get it repaired and pay forty quid for another test somewhere else so..
and i can spell lol i just cant be assed to do it propli lol but i should have learnt on here eh well anyway cheers do you think i can get any of the stuff from halfrauds?

ph1 172...a red one
*WARNING*
Careful when you replace the rear wiper..I snapped a lug off the wiper arm when trying to remove the balde. Had to buy a new arm, this was a complete BAST*RD to get off, in fact i had to use a puller to get it off the spline in the end!!!

bout £8 for wiper blade, £15 for arm...

ur megane r26
na rear wiper was just something that needs to be done the bulb and the brake pads where the failures

Black Ph2 172
You'll should be able to get the pads from halfrauds, might be cheaper to try a motor spares place first tho, and the garage should do the bulb for you if it just needs adjusting.

ur megane r26
yer well me and my dad will probly do all the parts he is an ex mechanic so and also i got my brothers and sisters comin to see us this week and they are mechanics so im sure everything will b ok it is just a pain because of the time it has happened, sorter need the car alot atm

gsf is cheap for brake pads, and their easy to change yaself, think its
just 2 screws round the back, if you got any copper grease, puts some on the back of the pads to stop squeeks! then wheel back on and bobs ya uncle!
as for the light bulb whats the reason that its wonky? can it be pushed back in place.
iv got a nail in my tyre still, and its not caused no probs.
i would have a look in ya manual cos i think its got a section on changing
wipers and stuff, might even tell u how 2 adjust ya light!:)

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
it really is a 1 hr job max to get this through. in fact if it was mine (i kick myself for not checking the bulbs first) then bounce with joy

ur megane r26
yer the bulb was simply just re-adjust it no need for any parts which is good, it is mainly just the pads but will get someone to give me a lift to the nearest halfrauds in poole tomor, then get my dad or my bro to fit them while i watch learnin for next time hehe lol cheers for ya input people much appreciated