ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car insurance (w**kers)

PHS 1 172 SILVER
im so mad, rang up my insurance wanted to know where my renewal quote was, would of had 2 years last week. they tell me i only have 1 year 6months, they said because i cancled my other insurance when i had 1 year 6months they said that i had to start back from 1years ncb because my other insurance could only pass over a year they said they dont do months!! how f**king stupid is that, has anyone else had this done because is wrong!!! they never tell you this when you take a policy with them.
p.s carnt spell lol:)

Mondeo STTDCI
Re: car insurance (w*****s)

Whats stupid is Directline STILL quote me £900. FFS!

PHS 1 172 SILVER
when i did it i asked the bloke on the phone if it would all go over and carry on from where i left of he said yes:mad: if i knew that i would not of bothered, i dont trust them you always find out that your missing something on your insurance that you thought was on it, i put my bf on it then later found out that he never got put on it in the first place so he was driving round in my car for a month with out insurance:nono:

RB 182

I missed out on an years no claims by 3 weeks, thing is it only made a small amount different on what I pay so it didn't bother me.

Formally Clio 182

I am aware that Norwich Union count months.

For example if you have 10 months no claims and go to another insurer they will say 1 year to round it up should the new insurer require proof.

Thats what they did with me when swiftcover.com required a letter to prove my ncb.

Chelsea tractor

For example if you have 10 months no claims and go to another insurer they will say 1 year to round it up should the new insurer require proof.

Thats what they did with me when swiftcover.com required a letter to prove my ncb.
That's only for the "10 months NCB accelerator" scheme isn't it?

PHS 1 172 SILVER

they did send it of with 1years 6months but direct line are saying they dont do months they start from the year

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Harsh i know, but its been like that for ever!

Only if you compl;ete a full year you can count it as 1yrs NCB.

If you leave they give u diddly squat.... it means that you normallt stay with them or people chop and change every other day.

I thought that most people realised that all car insurance policies are annual (unless you get a 10 month bonus accelerator one)

ps - this isn't the insurance section.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
the gimp who started this thread must be totally dumb, if they done it in months, they wouldn't be able to keep track of whether that year went claim free or not

PHS 1 172 SILVER
the gimp who started this thread must be totally dumb, if they done it in months, they wouldn't be able to keep track of whether that year went claim free or not
you know if youlook some places do move the months over you have to pay a fee for it dumb ass:rasp:

visualize whirled pe
I nearly took out a renewal recently but I checked the compulsory excess and it was £475!!!!! that was more than policy was going to cost!!!!!

Now that was just fking stupid. Basically they are saying you are insured fully comp but don't ever bother claiming unless the value of the repair is more than £500 or if you dont have £475 to spare after an accident you are royally fucked up the wrongun, without a car or in debt. What if you hit someone and you don't have the money for the excess, are they not covered or vice versa?

You buy insurance to offer you a peace of mind and cover you and others financially in the event of an accident, right? Well thats the way it should be so Insurance companies have got the customers priorities wrong and something needs to be done about it before we are all paying huge amounts of money for what amounts to (in the small print) no cover at all.

These days if some half wit drives into you then you still have to declare on renewal that you had an accident even if you were not at fault and your NCD wasn't affected, so they can put the price of your premium up, what a croc!

The excess on my valver was more than the policy too, the excess was £450.00 (I had an optional £150.00 added) plus it was £300.00 anyway due to my age at the time.
The actual policy was only £400.00 full comp.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i had a similar situation with my laguna a crazy taxi lady crashed into me, she only done baout 100-200 quite of damage to my car but her suspention and steering just imploded so we had to go through insurance. I went to the repairs place and they asked for my excess so i handed over the £220 voluntary excess, the said Where's the rest of it. pardon i replied they said the excess was £470!, i argues the excess was 220, but the spoke to my insureres who advised that, if my father (the policy holder) had crashed then he'd have £220, however as i was the one driving, and i was 19, i had an extra £250 to pay. My age excess was buried in the small print. I'me with tesco the only people who would give me a sane price, withought a voluntary excess of like £400, plus a £250 compulsary excess.
mind you i do have £400 compulsary excess the now. damb my age!!

i think if you done have the money for the excess then your car will not get repaired as the excess i think is for your repairs not the third party's