ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car keyed - very badly

Ph2 Flamer
So wifes car was parked on street on the rd adjacent to ours. Just been out and the whole car has been keyed to f**k. This is the worst side. Bonnet has 3 big deep scratches and the other side is not far off being as bad as the picture.

No idea who or why, no run ins with anyone or anything like that. All the other cars including mine were un-touched so either she's parked outside the wrong house and they've gone mental or its mistaken identity.

Anyway whats the best way to go about sorting this now. The options as i see them

1 - I've got a touch up pen and could grab a turtle way scratch stick thing and probably do a half baked job of at least covering the bare metal but it's going to look horrible.

2 - Could claim on insurance but its every panel of the car and deep scratches as well. Would have thought it would need a complete respray which is like 5k isn't it? Not sure the car is worth that now as it was only 8k nearly new. But don't know much about this sort of thing. Could a decent body shop fix it without having to do respray the whole car?

3 - are there any alternatives, could the likes of halfords scratch and dent people make it look half way decent?

Guessing a body shop is probably the only way to go so if it is and given its every panel from the rear lights to the bonet how much is it likely to cost? as it would be preferably not to claim on the insurance.

Any thoughts appreciated

20130630_194656.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't listen to anyone telling you to buy some chips away / repair b****cks.

Your car is fcuked mate if it's like that all over.

You'll either have to stump up for a full repaint or claim on the insurance. It won't be a 'complete repaint' so will be nowhere near £5k. I'd stab at £1000-£2000 depending on levels of damage.

If I was you, i'd be doing all I could to find out who did it!!! They need a proper drag round the back hiding. That's a dirty c**ts trick that.

:(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
In fact, i'd ring the police.

I'm getting angry just looking at those pictures. It's fcuking disgusting that someone's done that and will probably get away with it.

Ph2 Flamer
Yep cops were called and banged on the door of the flats it was outside but no response.
Cops weren't much help really but will knock some doors. Not much else they can do I guess really

Ph2 Flamer
Absolutely fuming myself. The old girl is considerably less so. Could really do with smashing someone about the head with a cricket bat.
Guess its off to the body shop then.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm getting angry just looking at those pictures. It's fcuking disgusting that someone's done that and will probably get away with it.

You and me both. People who do this sort of thing should be put down!

Yep cops were called and banged on the door of the flats it was outside but no response.
Cops weren't much help really but will knock some doors. Not much else they can do I guess really

Park it in the exactly the same place tonight, but this time point a camera on it all night - you might get lucky and the fucker might come back to do more damage (thinking you haven't go the point yet). I would be sooo happy if whoever did it got caught and made to pay every penny of a proper respray.

Inferno 225 cup
I really can't believe that someone has done that to your car, or could do that to anyone's car.

A total utter c**t if they thinks that's acceptable, I feel pissed of seeing that tbh so I hope you find something out.

Ph2 Flamer
Not a bad plan but I'd have nowhere to stick the camera as you can't see the car from our house. Plus its bound to be some scum bag with no job so even if they got caught they'd not have any money to pay for the work. Had half a mind to put the windows through on the flats facing the car but that would be a tad irrational as its probably not them and I'd just end up getting arrested. Will see what the cops turn up I guess. Arghhhhh

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You should park the car in the same place as said. But then park your own car close to it and sit in your car all night watching for them!

I dont think i could do that to a car even if i hated the person, lowest of the low!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
rough gauge circa £200 per panel, of course being size dependent. Metallic/solid/pearl all have considerably different costs. Something not quite as bad happened to us recently. A polisher and compound did make it a heap better but those scratches look too deep for that. If you go through insurance you can always do an "estimate only" and then you can decide whether to claim or not. I assume you would only want the repair option and not total loss. Paint is expensive though if they use a good system.

Ph2 Flamer
yeah theres no polishing these out. no way we're spunking out the best part of a grand, insurance it is i guess. bum bum bum

If someone has a problem with someone else they should sort it face to face, not key their car, scum is all thats out there these days. Feel bad for you mate :/ Dont give up looking for them. Keep a watchful eye to see if it happens any one elses car.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
holy sh1t, that's disgusting that some one could do that! :mad: feel for you, hope you get it sorted :(

S4 Avant
Every panel looks like that?

That's a full respray right there, the work required to get the panels scratch free will be considerable, unless they do it on the cheap and skim filler over the lot.

A proper repair would be close to the value of the car.

Not a 320d
That's gutting.

As Dan said a proper c***s trick. I had my old clio kicked and keyed but no where near as bad as that.

I dont know what id do if I caught someone doing that to mine. Id do my level best to key their face.

Astra (H) VXR
not nice that, unfortunately the police will come up with nothing, which isnt there fault i guess as they are no longer allowed to beat the truth out of people.

is there normally the same car parked in that space on a regular basis?

Good god , That's bad
I'd do as suggested and park close , Sod the police they won't do anything and you'll have to stumpy up for a respray regardless !

Hopefully they will return and you can show them the meaning on 'respecting other people's property'

Its disgusting quite frankly , I feel for you mate !

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Get some of that chick stick stuff (or even black crayon!) and make it look like it's been repaired on the pavement side.

Put camera or sit in your car.

I'd be pretty keen to catch the c*nts - what's to stop them doing it again once it's been repaired?

Albi Clio Sport 197
That's awful, I can't believe someone would do this - I'd be gutted (..and fuming!).

Hope you get it sorted fella.

Not a 320d
Thats not a bad idea.

Id leave it parked there again as much as I could and watch who did it. If I caught the person, I would wear wet suit gloves and a wet suit with easily disposable, cheap, brand new trainers, and a wet suit face mark with goggles on and then go and break their legs with a base ball bat and make sure they couldn't walk again ever. Then id take 2 stanley knifes strapped together closely and cut their face in multiple places so they couldnt stitch the wounds up.

Then burn the evidence.

Id also kill their pets if they had any.

S4 Avant
Thats not a bad idea.

Id leave it parked there again as much as I could and watch who did it. If I caught the person, I would wear wet suit gloves and a wet suit with easily disposable, cheap, brand new trainers, and a wet suit face mark with goggles on and then go and break their legs with a base ball bat and make sure they couldn't walk again ever. Then id take 2 stanley knifes strapped together closely and cut their face in multiple places so they couldnt stitch the wounds up.

Then burn the evidence.

Id also kill their pets if they had any.

You should probably lay low for a while. You may well be wanted right now...