ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car loosing power as I accelarate (limp mode light comes on)

Clio 1.2 16v
Guys

As soon as i push the pedal fully while i'm driving, i loose power.
Garage have changed the map sensor, oxygen sensor, throttle body (second hand) and throttle pedal, and i'm still getting this problem. the only way i can get around it is stop, turn off the engine and then as soon as i drive off and push the pedal fully the problem starts again. the garage said might need reprogramming again, but don't know what to reprogram. the diagnostic meter says something like throttle sensor out of signal range. i have spent nearly £400 so far, and not any better, well the rev counter isnt revving up and down now, its quite stable. any help would be much appreciated. i have not taken it to Renault yet.

thanks
del

Ultra Red Megane 225
I had a similar problem with my Cup, it turned out to be the earth wire from the throttle body, which apparently is a switched earth from a relay somewhere. It had a break in the outer plastic cable, water had got in and corroded the internal cable so it was giving an intermittent fault. I spent hours trying to find the fault, and ended up calling in an auto electrician. He found the fault within 30 minutes and re wired it - job done! Have you had the ECU read for fault codes? that normally indicates which circuit is giving a fault.

Clio 1.2 16v
i have, but i dont have the code, the guy at the garage said the code is to do with "throttle sensor out of signal range" or something along the line.

clio 182
i have, but i dont have the code, the guy at the garage said the code is to do with "throttle sensor out of signal range" or something along the line.

I am getting the same issue with a fault code p0120. Going to try and sort it at the weekend.

clio 182
Good luck mate, let me know how you get on.

Have changed the throttle pedal last weekend, made no difference so i'm going to take the TB off and clean it all up, i'll let you know what happens. Seems like a common issue though

Clio 1.2 16v
Changed spark plugs and coil pack and deleted the errors, working fine now, fingers crossed.