ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car not always starting

everynow and then my car won't start properly... it will turn over but its only when i hit the throttle that it starts.

i've got no idea about mechanics so wouldn't really know where to start - i've heard the spark plugs could need cleaning/changing or the leads etc?
any ideas appreciated

thanks

Monaco 172
its a black cylinder shaped thing on a banana shaped mount that sits on the side of the engine just where it meets the gearbox. really obvious when you see it.

you have to remove the airbox to get at it. extension arms on a wratchet and 10mm socket!

probably a silly question but how do you remove the airbox? i've undone the two bolts and unclipped the top hoses so it moves a bit but i can't seem to actually manouvre it out.

Monaco 172
brute force and some ignorance! em ive no idea if its obvious or not lol i just took it out and cleaned it with wd40...turns out it wasnt related to my problem but thats one thing i tried anyway