ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting 1st time randomly

M3 SMG
2004/54 182

recently the car seems to have some days usually 1st thing in the morning. Turn the key fuel pump primes stereo on aircon and fans blow starter motor goes but doesn't seem to fire and cuts out. Turn the key back to pos 1 then try instantly again and bang fires instantly and then gives no issue whatsoever. I assumed it was my crap plugs but had then changed (unrelated other problem) fixed that but starting problem remains. Had a quick search suggested maybe a tdc? Nobody seemed to have the sane symptoms though as the car works and starts just not always 1 st time

Any help appreciated

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yep Mine does the same thing but now its getting all to often now, yesterday it wouldnt start for about 20mins untill i tryed it then instantly tryed again and it fired up.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
most likely tdc sensor, mine does this too.

might want to try taking off the tdc sensor and cleaning it, see if that helps. If not, worth changing it, not too expensive.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mine occasionaly does this, prime the pump with the first turn of they key. switch it back to off and itll fire straight away (i find)

M3 SMG
Eml flashing away in traffic today, seriously starting to annoy me now.

Could this be something the tdc can cause?

1.2 8V MK1 PH2
Mine does this, I've been told it's the in-line fuel filter. 'Tis apparently a common problem on Clio's, not too sure though mate.

M3 SMG
When I searched I read that fuel filter doesn't need to be done till 150k!
Is it common to cause starting issues then?