ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car runs perfect then wont run at all why :(

2004 100bhp dci
Right as you all know ive had some issues with my car, 1 min was running perfectly then not running at all

well tonight i changed the fuel filter and used a tiny spray of easy start

heres inside the filter - no metal what so ever

20130828_182629_zps66bc0a8a.jpg

20130828_182924_zps6e98da8f.jpg

car went like this

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/nazzurro19/20130828_175636_zpsbe93b114.mp4

kicked in to life idles and ran perfectly on its own for a good 15/20 mins - then i decided to test the injectors as i heard by unplugging the injectors you can tell if they work by listening to the engine noise so i did and this is the results

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/nazzurro19/20130828_180652_zpsd8fd94db.mp4

every injector made the engine run lumpy, which i presume means every injector is working?

so after an hour i went to start the car and it kicked into life instantly and revs runs fine - the dash warning light was on then i remembered i still had the 2 sensors to the airbox unplugged... I plugged it back in and the warning lights went

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/nazzurro19/20130828_180844_zpse5af43d6.mp4

20130828_181121_zpsd769a2d2.jpg

the car i thought was back to life..... Untill just now i went out its been about 2 hours and the same issue is back wont start, any ideas why guys? Before i let it go to sale

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Take it to a garage before getting rid.. could be anything. Thats like cutting your leg off because youve bruised it.

2004 100bhp dci
Problem is i have no money as i only recently forked out buying the actual car

so i cant afford the charges at a garage

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Fair enough.. maybe a diagnostic session will put you in the right direction? Changed air filter? Plugs? Coil pack?

2004 100bhp dci
I had it diagnosed as low fuel pressure

its had new tdc sensor and fuel filter

​no coilpacks as its a diesel

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
No throttle body on DCI's either. They have an EGR and a mass airflow sensor ( plus boost map sensor )

not as easy to fix as a petrol , it's always the fecking fuel systems on these that go and it's a guessing game which bit. Fault codes say one thing and it'll be something else

172 Ph1
Sounds to me you have weak fuel pressure (hot) 2 hrs cool down.
Cold it will be fine starting right ?
Diesel injectors fail causing inadequate tolerances for precision pressure. When the injectors internally leak off high amounts of Derv in the return lines back to the tank - the fuel pressure for firing is significantly lower and firing up will not occur.
At the time of not starting (after 2 hours being left) use a little easy start to help it start via the air intake , not to much or it will cause damage , a fine spray while cranking should do the trick.
See if this helps
Let us all know how you get on
What's the mileage on the motor ?

172 Ph1
There is a little kit that you can plug in to each injector and measure the amount of fuel being returned . If its excessive , that injector is knackered. And it only takes one to cause the issue you have.

2004 100bhp dci
Done a leak test and none of them showed any leakage

every injector when disconnected makes the engine go lumpy and sound like its going to stall so there all working and spraying correctly

172 Ph1
You need to get the Renault Diagnostic tool on it and read off the fuel pressure, I'd still suspect the injectors as a high probability

2004 100bhp dci
Its ok sold the car now given up on it even if i fixed it i wouldnt of dare drove it far incase it wouldnt start again