ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Tax :(

Clio MK2 172
just went to get my 6months tax which I hate paying as it's £90.75 to be told that it's gone up to £104.50.....

makes me wanna go buy a 1.2

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
i did mine yesterday, for 6 months on the valver, it was £93.50 according to the tax form. took it to the desk and it was £96.25!!!

I only had £96.20 on me!! :(

But fortunately, the legend of a guy next to me gave me 5p!! :D

Big thumbs up to that man!!

Der Panzer
Outrageous.

I'm going to get a decat to spite the buggers. It's not about the environment, it's about money. Tossers.

black/gold 182
£190 thats shocking !!! goverment always ripping of the car drivers, mine is due soon so i best start saving :0(

Focus ST3
It seems bad but maybe not when you consider how much cash the government gets annually from your fuel duty...

cock mobile.
Bloody shocking isn't it!!

It's not like I'm driving a 5ltr Jeep that I drive around in all day on my own!!!!!!!!

GRR!

No more clio's for me!
My tax is due tomorrow, dreading going to pay for it! 190 quid i'd rather spend else where! Thinking about nicking a lamppost or something to get my moneys worth...lol

Renaultsport Clio 182
Jesus, £104.50 for six months! :( Mine is due next month, best put some money aside for it!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
jwarren2k2 said:
i did mine yesterday, for 6 months on the valver, it was £93.50 according to the tax form. took it to the desk and it was £96.25!!!

The form also says if the fee has gone up in the budget then you'll have a different figure to pay :)

Got to go and get mine tomorrow!

MINI JCW
The new price for the 172/182 is going to be £190 a year.

The whole notion of cat tax is ridiculous anyway. I do about 6k a year in my 182 where as someone in a 1.8 Vectra will pay less road tax but could possibly do 30,000 miles a year therefore damaging the roads more and producing more pollution.

I know there is enough tax on petrol already but surely they would be better scrapping car tax and putting it on the fuel that way the more miles you do the more you pay and also you haven’t got the problems of people not paying and administering the system.

Last edited:
  Der Panzer
gazcaddy said:

The whole notion of cat tax is ridiculous anyway. I do about 6k a year in my 182 where as someone in a 1.8 Vectra will pay less road tax but could possibly do 30,000 miles a year therefore damaging the roads more and producing more pollution.

I know there is enough tax on petrol already but surely they would be better scrapping cat tax and putting it on the fuel that way the more miles you do the more you pay and also you haven’t got the problems of people not paying and administering the system.

Yeah.

It's only a few quid !

I'd still pay the extra to drive a car that is known to pollute the environment more.

Think of the kiddies...

182... again!
gazcaddy said:

I know there is enough tax on petrol already but surely they would be better scrapping car tax and putting it on the fuel that way the more miles you do the more you pay and also you haven’t got the problems of people not paying and administering the system.

Spot on...agree!

RenaultSport clio 182
Some people are the first to b**ch about the price of car tax, fuel duty, income tax. I note they are the same faces who are first to criticise the underfunded NHS etc ;)

MINI JCW
cosworth said:
Some people are the first to b*tch about the price of car tax, fuel duty, income tax. I note they are the same faces who are first to criticise the underfunded NHS etc ;)

True, but in the UK we pay high taxes so we should be entitled to a health service and road network that is similar to a country such as Germany, unfortunately our systems are inferior