ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start - oil on connector thingy!!

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Hi

Car wont start again. Had this prob a few times now. Oil/liquid seems to be getting in to the connection pictured below. if cleaned and dried car starts again. Problem is it keeps happening and i dont know why. Anyone offer any help and advise?

img00264q.jpg
img00265e.jpg

PH1 iceburg
Can you not see where the leak is?

Try wrapping the connector in something for the mean time.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
no warning lights at all, car turns over but just wont start. if i get all the oil off it works but i cant stop the sodding oil coming back. the connector goes in to some sort of solid metal pipe at one and and them the lose wired cable connector plugs in to that.

no warning lights at all, car turns over but just wont start. if i get all the oil off it works but i cant stop the sodding oil coming back. the connector goes in to some sort of solid metal pipe at one and and them the lose wired cable connector plugs in to that.

It's the pas pressure sensor. If it's leaking ps fluid, then it will need replacing. Although I'm pretty sure as said that it won't affect the starting of the engine at all.

Iceberg Ph1
Fault with the immobiliser/key? Does the red flashing light on the dash go out when you put the key in and turn it to stage 1? Mine was well on its way out, sometimes the light would go out, othertimes the light wouldn't, in the end had to get a new plip/fob key.. Have a check, as for the sensor I'm sure the PAS pressure connection would have little to do with the starting of the car..

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
looks like from the metal pipe. outside was caked in black looking oil residue. inside looks like a very pale looking oil substance.

incase you havent guessed i know sod all about cars!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
If you can't start the car and clean the PAS connector up and the car starts that seems to be the issue - get the leaking bits replaced. But what happens when it's cleaned and you disconnect it again - will the car start?

BMW M135i
Might be putting a short onto something that doesn't like it and dragging an ecu voltage down hence it not starting. As the actual switch input "doesn't" do anything apparently.

I'd go for changing the pressure switch itself as previously mentions as i'd imagine its leaking through it as said. PAS fluid will probs want topping up after if you loose a lot, worth checking anyway.

Dodgy one
What does the sensor actually do, Mine kept unplugging itself and nothing came up on the dash or felt different

Mines been cut off and the car is fine without it. Doesn't affect it if its unplugged, but as said if its shorting something on the ECU when plugged in that may do.