ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start, possibly immobiliser?

Jap Box
Got out to the car this morning to find it wont start.

Turn the key the ignition and the immobiliser light stays red for about 5 seconds and then goes out, turn the key further and it enables the starter but nothing else happens. Tried a few times and it now sounds like its struggling to even do that.

Would this be the immobiliser or somethijng else?

Bought it and the person told me it sometimes has an immobiliser problem when its been locked but its never been a problem at all until now, his fix was to lock the car inside, then open the door and start it, but tht hasnt worked.

Got to get to work tomorrow morning so any help appreciated :)

Check/charge/jump battery - I had a similar problem a couple of years ago with mine. Turned out to be a dead battery, wasn't holding charge at all.

Which, coincidentally is what's up with my TT (well, one of the things..) at the minute. Amazeballs.

Jap Box
Turns out it was just the battery, thankg god :) picking a new one up tomorrow, my amp must have helped to kill it off quicker.