ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't Start.

172 Cup
Basically the car wont start, i put the key in the ignition and wait for the dash lights to go out, on turning the key i get nothing just a click from the engine and all the dash lights come back on, including a green one in the bottom right corner that flashes.

Also the central locking has been playing up abit lately. Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

53 Clio's & counting
sounds like a flat battery to me mate, try this, put the lights on, then try cranking it, if the lights dim badly its the battery, cant see it being an immob fault

172 Cup
+1 idiot !

Did you notice your on board computer messing up... i.e resetting your mpg?

ooo just relised your from lewisham haha... im from catford:)

yeah it was playing up abit, also its been 48degrees outside for ages lol

charged the battery last night and its working fine now, bloody hassle to get it out tho!

Catford just up the road, have you ever seen a clio sport on the road? because i havent, none round here :(

thanks for all the replys CS heads

172 Cup
i think when the battery is weak or dead its arms the immobilizer. Its seems fine now so fingers crossed, read a few threads on this to list a few possible faults mentioned:

relays
fuel pump
alternator
starter motor
immobilizer
keys

Audi S1
yeah it was playing up abit, also its been 48degrees outside for ages lol

charged the battery last night and its working fine now, bloody hassle to get it out tho!

Catford just up the road, have you ever seen a clio sport on the road? because i havent, none round here :(

thanks for all the replys CS heads

I tend to see a few around beckenham...

Ive seen about 3 there... quite a few on the a2 aswell :eek:

vers le haut doigt milieu
I'm normally about Blackheath, Downham and Bromley and do see a few on the A2/a20.

172 Cup
this is nuts im always flying round them areas and on the A2 /20 ill have to keep my eye out abit more. all i see is 1.2's with old women driving them.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I did a ten mile journey today in my 172, when i went to start the car again nothing :(

I had jump start, and went and changed the battery, starts and runs fine now.

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
I've got the same problem the last few days-

Car randomly won't start , a couple of times it has fired for maybe 2 seconds with the pedal dead before cutting out.

Sometimes it cranks for a few seconds other times it won't crank at all.

Just reading up a few threads my trip computer has been resetting itself so i'm assuming battery has thrown in the towel and is arming the immobiliser, sound about right to the more seasoned owners?