ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Bonnett

Tangoed Works
So happy, picked up a carbon bonnett off a fellow cliosporter. Cant wait to fit tomo. Those who say that the bonnets arent lighter havent picked one up. Its a one finger jobby with the CF one and two arms with the old one!!

Pics up tomo hopefully!

178hp 172 Cup
the only thing that always worried me with carbon bonnets is that they are so light they might come up when drivin at speeds!! i suppose bonnet pins will sort that though

178hp 172 Cup
i hav never been so sure about the bonnet fixing on the carbon ones!!! i hav had a carbon bonnet on my other car and i jus dont feel to safe with it!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
nice one

i used to have one on my old black Dynamique

by prepared to relocate your washer jets though, i put mine in the scuttle

can you only get CF ones in the usual CF colour or can you colour code them???

let the slating begin lol

and how much are you looking for one???

and would you get anything for your own 182 bonnet???

Tangoed Works
nice one

i used to have one on my old black Dynamique

by prepared to relocate your washer jets though, i put mine in the scuttle

its already been drilled which is a touch, just going to wash, clay, srp and egp it twice in a mo.

80MPG BEEZA
i was hoping mine was gonna arrive this morning but along with all the tools i ordered feck all has come so my aerocatch pins are still sat on my desk

RB 200 Cup!
be nice to see what this looks like when its fittec - been thinking of a carbon bonnet for my 172 but would it be any good on a black car?

lift number 1 @ btm
be nice to see what this looks like when its fittec - been thinking of a carbon bonnet for my 172 but would it be any good on a black car?

looks awesome on a black car! it's subtle enough that people only notice it when they are close up. :cool:

Tangoed Works
i was going to guy that off caramel on here too :(
you beat me too it!

jelous

sorry mate i was down the road for him so pipped u to it. fitted it today, sorry no pics as yet as it has gone dark.

Improvements;

-Looks fit as fcuk
-Sharper handling, i have to say the minutest turn of the wheel the car responds really well to(lower centre of gravity).
-No throttle needed on move off
-when going over speed bump car feels like it "hits" the bump more gently, ie the suspension does not load up as much

the old bonnett required me and my old man to lift off to avoid dropping it and it getting damaged. i lifted the new one on myself and bolted it on without any help.

I rekon 3kg lighter at least.

ph1-mk1-1.4, white
the issues are after 1year then the resins degrade and the carbon delaminates from the fibreglass/carbon matt they use on the underside of it, and so the top comes off leaving all the fittings behind.

Andy

172cup
the issues are after 1year then the resins degrade and the carbon delaminates from the fibreglass/carbon matt they use on the underside of it, and so the top comes off leaving all the fittings behind.

Andy

surely this is where cheaper isn't always best?

my carbon bonnet must be about a year old now, and it seems structurally solid.

also... not sure where people are getting 6kg lighter... next to nothing in it. i took my std bonnet off myself, and replaced with carbon myself. was unimpressed with weight to be honest.