ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon canister and acoustic valve removal.

nikstar

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just checking this if someone can answer,

Carbon canister, The pipe that goes up to top of rockerbox should it be blanked off? also the pipe that goes back to fuel tank is that just a vent for fuel tank?

Acoustic valve, the pipe that goes up to inlet manifold does that need blanked off?

Cheers

monaco 172
Yes the pipe going to the inlet needs to be blanked off, I put a screw in secured with silicon, worked very well.

no idea about the carbon canister pipes though, but would be nice to know because I'm going to take mine off next week

For the carbon canister, The pipe that runs back to the fuel tank, I cut that back and made sure it wasn't venting any fuel vapour near anything hot, and blocked the pipe that runs to the breather plate off. Beware though as removing the canister puts your EML light on.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Removed mine for brake cooling. and i re-positioned the horn.