ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CarPro Hydro2/Hydro2 lite

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just thought i'd fire up a little thread and keep all the reviews and thoughts in one place.

Lately we've had high demand for a ready to use Hydro2, for end users who want to buy it without the need for extra dilutions, who found it difficult to dilute, measure bottle liquids etc.

So the Hydro2 Lite is made to fulfill this market.

Hydro2 Lite is higher dilution than using Hydro2 1:3, yet strong enough to last up to 3 months. ( hydro2 1:3 will last up to 6 months)

In hydro2 Lite we added some more silica to increase the hydrophobic effect in that dilution ratio, while we still think its still stronger than any comparative product it was made even better.

hydro2lite_1L__73791.1427877464.500.750.jpg

Ease of use is unparalleled in the industry imo... unless you're JD. Oh and don't forget your 10% discount if you are ordering.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/carpro-cs-discount-code-cquartx-iron-x-hydro2-eraser-etc.681558/

Crap product if you can't read instructions (or have C2V3 applied to your car).
Not a great first video either tbh mate, who filmed that? Too blase!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Only ever had the concentrate formula and Gyeon Wetcoat cause issues if the car wasn't absolutely soaking wet with application.

I've seen no difference in performance either

Reactions: JD

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Crap product if you can't read instructions (or have C2V3 applied to your car).
Not a great first video either tbh mate, who filmed that? Too blase!
I guess the first was by CarPro themselves. Did you listen to it? I didn't have the volume up.

I guess the first was by CarPro themselves. Did you listen to it? I didn't have the volume up.
Ach, I didn't no. Perhaps that's what I'm missing. Just seemed a bit bish bosh bash including the dragging method to dry... if it was a hobbyist, fine, but a detailing product manufacturer it just seemed uncaring.

@gally Kev, it's just music... You know Craig - I'd suggest a wee text to do a better video. That can't be circulated surely...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing it was done in Cyprus by the owner of CarPro, it's not screaming quality I would agree.

Reactions: JD

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot about this pic, de-icer beading against reload. Not many products will bead de-icer!

5485c98d68a1218a9a7ce222be277f89.jpg

Golf GTD
I can vouch for the ease of application. Spray on and rinse off.
Only thing that I've noticed is it is a bit smeary on my windscreen and where the passenger wiper stops its left a bit of a mark that I'll need to clean off. Is it advised to not use this on windscreens?

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I bought hydro2 lite seems a good product and fairly cheap, water beads off everything now even my windsreen ,when i hit it with water it seemed to wash off slighty milky, when do people re apply ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it should wash off milky ish. Make sure the product is totally removed from the surface. Always give the car a good PW and then open hose should leave the car bone dry practically.

I've had 3 months with wet application and over 4 with dry/damp application and a cloth. Spray sealant style.

FF Titanium 182
How long do you think the 500ml bottle of Hydro2 lite last? Ive had a look into it doesnt really say how much you shoukd spray onto one panel to get the best results

How long do you think the 500ml bottle of Hydro2 lite last? Ive had a look into it doesnt really say how much you shoukd spray onto one panel to get the best results

A fairly thin coating as you jet wash it off which will then mean it goes over any parts you missed anyway :smile:

All depends how good the spray nozzle is tbh.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just ordered some of this along with some Reload 2015, Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Yellow on the Megane

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just don't apply it in the sunlight or on a hot day. No matter how quick you think you are with the jetwash, it will stain. And it's not designed to come off easily!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just ordered some of this along with some Reload 2015, Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Yellow on the Megane
On cars that suit wax more, yellows and reds etc I fire on 2 coats.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just don't apply it in the sunlight or on a hot day. No matter how quick you think you are with the jetwash, it will stain. And it's not designed to come off easily!
Panel at a time is sometimes best, also can be done using a sponge with the correct technique. Or on a damp car as you're drying.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just normal wash. If you're going to wax then I'd probably just use reload at the next wash tbh.

Inferno 225 cup
Is it THAT good then?

@gally

Pm me a list of things from swirl/scratch remover to wax and sealant. Also a good machine polisher.

K thanks x

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Wax on top of it then?

Been a while since i actually used wax on mine, Mainly sticking to sealants for ease of use and the longevity

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No don't wax over it. It's a quick and simple sealant. If you have time to reload or wax Hydro would be good for coating glass and aiding drying etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good enough not to use a glaze?....i really like using my prima amigo
Yeah i've used it over tripple on work horses to good effect, applied to a damp car, with 2 cloths, it lasted 6 months+ on totally unprepped paint.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
One thing I'm starting to notice with these spray on rinse off sealants is how well do they actually resist dirt and bonded contaminants? Yes they bead exceptionally well and in wet weather certainly help 'self clean' and keep the car cleaner. But I'm not seeing them resist bonded contaminants as well as a traditional wax or sealant.

A friend is paranoid with touching his black 330d so uses Hydr02 or wetcoat once a month as the only LSP and uses a blow dryer to limit physical touch and no swirls. I've not been that impresses with what is on the paint after 4 to 6 months

Also noticed this with some of the Sonax products

Yeah I've had mixed results with it RE dirt sticking, sometimes it seems to repel it really well, other times its completely filthy.

For me, nothing has beaten when I applied C5 to my Clio wheels, but that was a proper proper prep and wipedown with IPA prior to application, lasted well over 2 years and repelled brake dust amazingly (with fantastic beading and so easy to clean as nothing stuck). Granted, not the same durability or product, but even so. How does C2/C2v3 compare?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think you need to have a level of expectation. It's not a spray on sealant or a nice wax. It's literally spray it on a wet car, pw it off and it will protect your surface for a period of time.

The whole starting concept of it was as a top up to reload/CQUK/Finest etc during their use and through winter months if struggling to hand apply protection.

I find even a PW leaves the car pretty clean with Hydro on it, the water sheeting clearly shows that less will stick to the car, it can't compete with standalone products though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
agreed, for a spray on rinse off they are hard to beat. and I regularly use them through the winter as they considerably help to keep the car cleaner. As I found with Sonax Polymer Net Shield. But I would never imagine of using it as any more than a top up on maintenance washes. I can't see it working for me as a stand alone LSP as some do.