ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CarPro's New Reload Spray Sealant 2014

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's been on sale for more than 4 years so it looks like a cracking update!

CarPro blurb...

Customers asked for more durability so this is what we mostly worked on,
New version has more Silane concentration in it and more bonding material to help longer durability.
it has same high gloss , same hydrophobic effect , same application and great smoothness!

We expect to see now more durability between 4~6 months

Reload lasted 4~12 pH chemicals in our tests! several washes.(see video)
we think now that Reload is one of the most durable fast sealants in the market if not the best one.
here you can see our test video showing the difference between existed Reload and the new formula :

New version will be labeled with "New Formula 2014" red stickers on the bottles, if it doesn't have it on the bottle its still the existed version( which is great as well)

vlcsnap-2014-06-17-14h26m44s115_zpsb8947d3f.png

The new Reload 14 is available already at Elite Car Care from next week at CleanYourCar and CarPro UK.

We have been spreading the new Reload in the past two months through out all our distributors, the 100ml Reload bottles which sold inside CQUK kit boxes are also new version for the past month.

I invite everyone to try it and test it , i'm sure all of you will like it :thumb:

any questions are welcome.

Avi

Video makes me very excited. Also developed to minimise any streaking issues that the previous product could cause on dark colours. :D Will update soon with my personal thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Impressive.... Never tried Reload, Is that the normal amount to use?? Seems quite a lot compared to other spray sealants I've used.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Impressive.... Never tried Reload, Is that the normal amount to use?? Seems quite a lot compared to other spray sealants I've used.

It was to show how much you could apply and not affect anything. Overuse for eg. The thread on DW also mentioned it.

Haven't tried it yet Dave. Craig is awaiting delivery, shouldn't be a few days!

I was about to comment, I use a tenth of that and it's the same. The two cloth trick is a must. Same with C2V3.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It'll probably be on the 2nd batch! I shall speak to the big guy! DW also want a deal going!

Honda & VW
This will certainly be on my next order. After originally trying Reload (sample bottle) I then bought a full size Gtechniq C2V3 and felt a little let down by it, so keen to get back to Reload, interested to see how this differs

This will certainly be on my next order. After originally trying Reload (sample bottle) I then bought a full size Gtechniq C2V3 and felt a little let down by it, so keen to get back to Reload, interested to see how this differs

In what way? Not calling out as wrong, just interested. (You're wrong).

Honda & VW
In what way? Not calling out as wrong, just interested. (You're wrong).

Prefer the look Reload gives, slightly better gloss finish IMO. Plus the application seemed to be easier with Reload. Just my opinion though @JD (I am right and you know it)

Prefer the look Reload gives, slightly better gloss finish IMO. Plus the application seemed to be easier with Reload. Just my opinion though @JD (I am right and you know it)

Application I may agree. Beading nope and looks meh.

Tell you what though, tried the new essence wax the other day. Boy do I miss waxing. The looks, the feel, the beading. gally is right. Sealing with these new products is just so cold.

(Yes I was at Cheshire home, in the sun, on a driveway, with a garage, with a clean car etc etc. real world Reload is best).

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Agree with that completely.

I cant ant remember what the water behaviour was like now but certainly wasn't disappointed by it

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You chaps will have to be fast if you want one of the first bottles!

I'll update you guys on release and then see if we can get a GB on the 2nd batch that's coming a week or so after the first smaller batch.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate just for the GB. I'll fire up vids and reviews in here. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No. Newer one hasn't dropped in the UK yet. See the Red label in the picture above.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Carpro claim as do elite, that elitecarcare has it already.

To to be honest id be happy with an older bottle at a discounted price.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You think they'd sell off the old formula discounted? Can't imagine it myself as all their stockists would be doing so

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tempted, can't see much improved water behaviour with the new one. Nor do I need the increased durability or chemical resistance so not much gain for me in the new formula.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spray sealant? I highly doubt it. I'll have a bottle tonight.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've picked mine up. Looking forward to trialing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There are a few litre bottles of the 2013 range left if anyone is interested.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They've changed all the sizes for this years one. I'll see what I can rustle up.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just used the new formula, more of a drying aid. Weather was lightly drizzling, quick towel dry leaving it slightly damp. Misting the panel with reload and buff around and off with 2 MF's so not expecting it to be performing its best.

Ive always thought initial water behaviour of reload and C2 to not be that far behind BSD and in the light rain it's certainly tight small beads and really showing the paint flake through the beads on my wife's metallic grey car

application was as simple as normal with no smearing left behind on my gloss black car, and that so slick feeling feeling nicely lubricated there will be none of the cr@p feeling from when using BSD

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mate using it on a damp car is one of the best ways! I love doing that. You cash wash/dry/protect in less than an hour sometimes!

I done it with hydro on mine. It's still beading and sheeting like day 1.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Mate using it on a damp car is one of the best ways! I love doing that. You cash wash/dry/protect in less than an hour sometimes!

I done it with hydro on mine. It's still beading and sheeting like day 1.
Hydro2 is bloody awesome. I used it on the mini last week and its beading really well. Gotta try Reload 14 :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I do love Hydro, it's probably what hobbyists have been crying out for. Looking forward to the reviews of Reload coming out.

Imo I much prefer Hydro2 to Reload, but have CQUK on now so better keep using it though admittedly the last 2 washes I didn't bother with it, and the CQUK still works fine - presume it may reduce the life of it if I don't use reload after?

Though saying that, I didn't realise it was meant to last for so long, so it's probably still on from the previous application :]

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I'm running out of Werkstat Acrylic Jett (which I love) and I've been looking at Reload. Does it give the same glossiness and shine as Jett, or is this a trade off because of its protective qualities?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's a new age product. On lighter colour with maybe 2 layers it'll look superb, maybe more sterile as the composition is very different.

When it comes to performance it'll make Jett look decades old.