ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars running like sh**

So. went up to centre parks at the weekend, 2 hour drive there, stopped the car unpacked it then started it to go park it. The EML came on and started flashing and i just couldnt pick up revs at all. I thought as it only just passed its mot because of emissions that the cat might have collapsed inside and blocked up the inside of it.

I got recovered home and it seemed to kind of sort itself out as i unloaded it from the trailer. It still ran like a pos though.

We re sealed the cat andpipe which didnt do much, then started with the engine, checking everything out, we changed a spark plug on the 4th which seemed to do it the world of good as the one we took out was coroded to death. Only thing is. because we only changed the 1 for an older one we had lying around, its started running s**t again, keeps bogging down and just doent want to rev, it feels like its going to cut out everytime i put my foot down. Im going to get a full set of new plugs this weeked. But im just wondering what everyone thinks? Sorry for the essay!

172DD Cup
whenever i get this sort of situation i tend to remove the throttle body and hoses and connectors, clean them all up, make sure there's no splits, put it all back together and it just seems to work. done it twice now on two different cars. if it's close to cutting out when accelerating could well be a split hose or air leak. if air gets into the system where it shouldn't, it starts running lean and not enough spark.

Well i just replaced the spark plugs, and it ran fine last night and this morning, i get in it after work and its doing the same fooking thing. Im really pissed off now! Electrics light is on now though.

Its just pissing me off because i cant think what else it could be, lambda, cat, injectors, hoses blah blah blah. :(

We did a compression test yesterday aswell and it was fine!

The problems you describe, in the 1st post point to lambda. And i belive they have a tend to play up. Get a code reader on it bud.