ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat-back..inc de-cat!

Clio 182 RB
As the title says probably having one fitted in the next couple of weeks

will i notice the defferences from my standard exhaust..like will it pick up quicker though the revs?Quicker throttle response?

cheers

Clio 182
Im sure you will feel the difference. Would have thought you would get some sort of better throttle response also.....

noise! lol

The decat is the best performance upgrade I have had done (although it came with a remap etc so I cant compare) and mines a silenced with a magnex back box so not a system known for its performance!

Defineatly pulls harder and sharper on the throttle response, nothing but good news :approve:

Corsa Van. Meh.
I couldn't compare a decat to a non-decat as I olnly drove my car for 60 miles before I had the decat fitted.

Does make it louder!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
my decat is brilliant, the car is sharper and much less lumpy when cold. it's not any louder with the standard zorst 2. best value for money mod! tho fitting the cat back on for MOT is a pain.

^^ that depends on the car, the 182 manifold and cat really is a doddle to swap, but from what I hear about inaccessibility of 172 manifolds I wouldn't fancy doing that every year!

my decat is brilliant, the car is sharper and much less lumpy when cold. it's not any louder with the standard zorst 2. best value for money mod! tho fitting the cat back on for MOT is a pain.

So have you put a decat on your standard system? Does anyone else know if this is possible? And if so can someone link me to one? Cant seem to find one that goes with the standard system!

Thanks Guys

C

Cupster

Had a prospeed decat and system fitted few years back. I put the cat back on for MOT and haven't bothered to take it off again haven't noticed any loss in performance but the car is much better on the motorway now. (less drone!).

decat;
pros: slightly more go
cons: more noise (could be a pro for some), smells of fuel, needs swapping over annually for MoT, insurance

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^ Yeah you can put a decat on the standard exhaust .

I had my yozzasport exhaust and decat fitted yesterday . Fcuk me , it's loud lol . Louder than i expected tbh .

Monaco 53/468
I don't mind a lttile noise, had a stainless system on my mk1 Golf, but I don't want a chavy loud noise. decat on a standard system (172) - is it REALLY loud?