ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat D 172 cup - how much??

been offered a cat d 172 cup for 3750, car has done 41k full service history, its spotless.
is it worth the money? and how much do cat d cup normally go for??

cheers.

clio 172 cup
get it checked out by a mechanic like he said thats 2750quid less than i paid for mine but with 10k more miles

its all been checked out, i know the guy whos car it is. cars fine only suffered light front end damage after hitting a dog

172 Credit crunch edition
Well then yeah id say you are pulling his pants down mate:) . Buy it before someone else does that is ridiculously low price for a cup!:eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a CATD cup one at work, Was very difficult to sell.

i wouldnt bother selling it on, going to use to for work keep the miles off the evo than use it as a track car.

182 FF
I've seen them sell on flee bay for 3.5k. not a bad price, if you plan on keeping it for the long term then go for it, but don't expect to sell it on for a profit though

I dont see how some people can say that this car would be worth 3-3.5k thats 2k cheaper than a not accident repaired one. A cat d is minor damage. this is cheap at 3750 i mean what can you get for 3750??? not a lot i know!

Chelsea tractor
The reduction in price is generally due to the stigma of car being branded a write-off...

The reduction in price is generally due to the stigma of car being branded a write-off...

Yes but only people that do not understand what the groupings mean genrally are scared of any vehicle that has been "written off" (Cat D). If it has been repaired correctly then it will be as good and if not better than a non "written off" vehicle.

I mean this car hitting a dog has taken 2k off the value?? The person who is selling this could quite easily of taken it to a local repairers and got it rectified. And no-one would of been none the wiser.

www.renparts.co.uk
i bet it didn't hit a dog really. It wouldn't have been written off. Either that or it was a very big dog. Just because he is your mate doesn't mean he is telling the truth.

tiTTy & SV650
for that money fair enough.

Whoever bought a cat d ph quick for £3.5k is mad though cause you can buy a clean one which is not on the database for that.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Price looks good to me mate, have it away if it's just to be a hack anyway :)

Dan