ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat Scratching Car... Daily

I last detailed my car the night before CSS and didnt notice any new marks but since then the cars been on the drive and I've been using the works van, since getting back in my car and driving it this weekend I have noticed ALOT! of new scratches which are very fine but some are deep, it looks like some cats have been using my car as a scratching pole while its been parked up. The 3 opposite neighbours all have atleast 2 cats each which are always around so I am presuming that it is one of theirs, I have currently set up my "No Pro" action camera up overnight to record and try and get some footage of whoever's cat is doing this as every time I now look at my car i see a new scratch, my car is my baby and its annoying to think that through no fault of my own it's being damaged. I know people cannot control their cats but if I had a dog that jumped up and scratched a car I believe i would be liable?

So if i did get footage of a cat doing the damage, along with quotes for either a full respray (which it probably needs) or to repair the scratches should i confront my neighbour with this and try and get some compensation and my paint sorted? Will it actually work?

I've looked into Cat repellents and getting a decent cover for my car but the damage is already done now and who wants to be uncovering there car every morning for work.. especially when the winter comes! :(

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm struggling to imagine how a cat could cause visible scratches on a car's paint. Although we are talking about Renault paint lol (that was a joke, isn't Renault paint meant to be decent as far as things go...)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you threw the cat along the roof and you'd sellotaped it's claws out, I can't see it either.

Bloke Sounds like a pussy if you ask me.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Cats do damage cars.

Seen it with my own eyes.

Oh and if you're going to approach your neighbour wait for the purrrrfect moment etc

Megane 225 f1
A cat likes to sleep on my dads bike under the cover. The cat has scratched his bike so he has mixed up some spray, vinegar and water with some lemon juice and he has sprayed that all round the area where the bike is kept. This seems to be working touch wood!

Megane 225 f1
I think i have identified the neighbourhood cats
2015-08-19-17-28-12-141236504.jpeg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got any pics of the damage? Cats 'can' scratch paintwork - but that's usually confined to the bonnet or the roof. Even then, it's quite rare for them to mark it.

Would be interesting to see what's been done. I'm not doubting it - just a bit unusual given the extent that you say the damage is.