ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cd player wires

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi. Just got a cd player for the car today and although it works fine, the problem I have is that when I turn the car back on, the radio stations that I set have been lost and I have to set them again. I have noticed that on the wiring plug I got with the player the blue wire (auto/antenna according to the instructions) does not match up to the cars harness. The multi-plug from the cars harness has red, blue then black along the top and the plug on the player has red, an empty slot then black with the blue wire below the empty slot. Does the auto antenna have anything to do with the memory or is it something totally different? Any ideas? :S

CJ

Blue ph1 172
I'm pretty sure I will be corrected but you need to cut the yellow wire and connect it to the battery.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Swap the red and yellow wires round....simple as that.
thanks for the quick replies guys. im crap with auto electrics! forgive me if it sounds daft but the red and yellow wires on the lead from the player match up with the red and yellow ones on the cars harness, its just the blue wire thats out of place so im confused as to why i need to change the red and yellow one! like i said im crap with electrics! :S

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Swap the red and yellow wires round....simple as that.
thanks for the quick replies guys. im crap with auto electrics! forgive me if it sounds daft but the red and yellow wires on the lead from the player match up with the red and yellow ones on the cars harness, its just the blue wire thats out of place so im confused as to why i need to change the red and yellow one! like i said im crap with electrics! :S

The car makers and some car hi-fi makers, can’t agree on the protocol for the red and yellow wires. One is battery supply the other Ign supply, if they are the wrong way round there is nothing powering the set when you switch off, thus the set, re-sets its memory. Trust me ;)

The blue wire is a 12v output live when the set is switched on, to power up an external amp or antennae amplifier, you don’t need that on a Clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sometimes there is a 'jumper link' on the back of the radio thet you can move into another posision.....

1.2 16v Dynamique.

The car makers and some car hi-fi makers, can’t agree on the protocol for the red and yellow wires. One is battery supply the other Ign supply, if they are the wrong way round there is nothing powering the set when you switch off, thus the set, re-sets its memory. Trust me ;)

The blue wire is a 12v output live when the set is switched on, to power up an external amp or antennae amplifier, you don’t need that on a Clio.
I trust you mate! Gonna try it now! :approve:

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Ha! Yes! You know your stuff BrianR! Works a treat now. Cheers man you saved me a lot of bother going back to the shops tomorrow! :)