ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD'S Really Hot.

O4 Dynamique
Ok, was just on a fairly long drive and listening to a CD, when all of a sudden the read out on the dash said 'HIGH TEMP'. This has never happend before and was just wondering why this was?

It could be due to the fact that I had the heaters on full blast??

Any help with this would be greatly received.

James

golf
Mine does this, put heaters on after awhile the cd player just gives up and ejects the CD and its well hot. Have to leave it about 20 mins to let the thing cool down before it will read cds again

BMW M135i
The centre heater vents are right about the headunit so at a guess they've heated it up. The combined heat of listening to it for a long time with someish volume (i assume) and the heaters has caused it to overheat.

If you switch the distribution off the centre vents you'll be fine, or better yeh chuck the shite standard headunit.

You need to get the player very hot for it to give up.

I've managed it once and that was driving for 3 hours none stop with the heater on full blast and the vents open and the car full.