ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

central locking problems

Can anyone out there please help me?

For the past couple of weeks my 16v has been throwin a wobbler by not letting me either unlock/lock the car.

Therefore the "blip action" has left my car immobilised and i havent been able to shift it until fob decides to work again.

Have checked batteries and also used spare key fob, but no joy.

It doesnt happen every time i go to it, but usually when i can be doin without it!

Some one mentioned the fact that the fobs use uv lights and may have interference if its a sunny day. But only havin had my clio for about 6 weeks have not come across this before (first clio 16v).

Has anyone out there had this happen to them?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanx again

RSshawns bird

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Standard Reno immobiliser? If so Bob_RTE can probably help u. ;)

Try ringing ur local Reno garage and explaining the problem to the service receptionist over the phone. That may help you.

This happened exactly as you describe on my 95 valver and Ive seen it discussed on here before. On mine (and others), water coming in from the sunroof had got onto the sensor electronics. The circuit board for the receiver was covered in white crud. Cleaned this off and it worked no problem afterwards.

The factory immobiliser on late valvers is a tempremental beast indeed !

Thanx for your suggestion Jonathon.

Had a look at circuit board and there was a bit of white crud, so cleaned this off and clio proceeded to work spot on for a week.

Then yesterday it threw another wobbler and it wont budge bcos immobilised :( Tried cleanin again, other key fob ect and still no joy tonight.

Rang Renault again and looks like will have to take it in on Saturday morning (if in fact car will decide to move) If not looks like gonna have to tow it in as they dont have technicians who come out (somethin about insurance).

so majorlly annoyed at the moment, but thanx for your help anyway.

rsshawns bird

190 BHP Willy 2

Seems to be a lot of immobilisers packing up at the minute. ive just had the same with mine, would work intermittently sometimes 2-3 weeks without a problem, then play up for a day. Got it sorted on tuesday though. Just get your keys re-coded which should cost £30ish unless like mine they winged and bitched about the clifford alarm/immobiliser so disconnected it to code the keys and re-connected it and charged me another £30 for the privelige.