ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CH!P's 1990 Eunos Roadster

Even a good Z3 is more expensive. Talking circa £3k for a 2.8, or more for one of the other 6pots as they are all younger. The 4 cylinder 1.9 is a bit pony, great if you jsut want the style, not so great if you want a car with any performance.

Nissan 350z
Wouldnt the 1.9 offer similar performance to the 1.8 Mx5 though or does the weight difference make it significantly worse off?

Either way fair point, a fair bit more expensive!

1.9 just doesnt feel right for the car. TBH there not much between the 1.9 and the 2.0 6pot in mine, but it doesnt have the right soundtrack or the same urgency in the upper rev range.

Although the 1.9 and 2.0 probably give similar straight line performance they compromise on handling massively, it can be improved on but its never going to be as nimble as an mx5. Dont get me wrong I love my Z3, but an MX5 is a better fast road/track car.

Disastra Coupe
Cheers again folks. Yea, a z3/z4, s2k or a Boxster would be nice (preferably the s2k) but i simply haven't got that money - so the only option was an mx5 and if i was having one it had to be a mk1 :)

Made a little more progress - i've fitted a new indicator/sidelight the other night as mine was cracked and damp inside. New one has now unfortunately misted up too :( The wheels should be here next week though and i'm off Friday so i'm hoping i can whip the light out whilst i'm fitting the wheels, adjusting the coilovers and giving it a polish and it can dry out!

Also tonight i fitted a cone air filter. Only fitted it because it was free and it sounds nice ha. No pictures though as the current bracket looks a bit pikey :rasp: I'll knock one up at work next week probably and then you can see it :)

Oh, and i've just been and fetched a smaller front plate off my mate as mine is faded/matt for some reason :S

Disastra Coupe
f**k yea, 7s paid off big time. Love them, like - massively. To get much lower i'd have to roll the arches so i haven't lowered it anymore... Plus i nearly wiped out my front mudguards tonight :lol:

But i'm soo happy with it. Looks higher in the pictures than it does in life tbf. But screw it. Over the moon :D

7297870010_7bf39df00f_z.jpg

rotas by chippen172, on Flickr

7297869622_41573d8f47_z.jpg

rotasfitted by chippen172, on Flickr

As said before, if you don't like Rotas your entitled to your opinion but i'd prefer my thread not to be filled with arguments, thanks :)

Disastra Coupe
Definitely needs a lip but the GV one's imo only look good if the car is seriously decked. If i were to do that i wouldn't get on my drive so i reckon i'm going to go for an OEM one :)

Disastra Coupe
No uber stretch... And no insane lows. It's a car made to be driven... Moderate lows, slight stretch only :)

Megane r26
Looks fresh an drivable like it should be :) I keep getting tempted by these especially now the father in law has one an he's let me have blast

Disastra Coupe
Bit more then... Calipers painted red and black wheel nuts fitted. Normally i'm against red standard calipers - but i think the little Mazda pulls it off tbh being the colour it is :)

e85a5cd4.jpg

Not bothered painting the discs as i'll be putting new discs and pads on soon!

Also a little lower, not much - but a bit. Can't really lower it any more until the arches are rolled...

Untitled-12.jpg

And a little camber pic :)

e69b1b05.jpg

And thanks to the above!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ideal offset too, wide enough that it looks cool but not so wide you have rubbing problems. I had a set of Enkei's that protruded about 10mm further out than those rears and they were SUCH a pain.

Disastra Coupe
Yep, i'm pretty happy with how they sit. Like i say, i'm gonna have the arches rolled when it comes to the respray - but i can't see me slamming it tbh. I think this is a really nice height and it's usable too - well, apart from when i went through Maccies drive thru the other day for a coffee and nearly ripped the mudflaps off! Lol.

Thanks though :)

Just given her a detail. I started off trying for a full correction - quickly realised the weather wasn't going to go my way and neither was my back. So i just ended up making the shine better and forgetting too much correction. Paints a lot deeper now and a few scratches gone. Would have took pics but it's now drizzling :(

Disastra Coupe
Small update, first up i recently found myself a hardtop. Makes the car a lot quieter and stiffer but i won't be running it much through summer, i'd rather be able to get the roof down.
However i did put it on for a show today. Took these pic's after cleaning it ready for the show yesterday:

7480368198_5a1af72d9c_z.jpg

hardtop by chippen172, on Flickr

7480368804_ac5475df20_z.jpg

hardtop2 by chippen172, on Flickr

7480369434_b97f1766d5_z.jpg

hardtopyo by chippen172, on Flickr

7480367654_3025218a2e_z.jpg

pistonheadseunos by chippen172, on Flickr

Also bagged myself Runner Up award in Best Mazda :)

63f871dec38e11e1abd612313810100a_7.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
That's rather pleasant!

rear lip spoiler, front Mazda splitter. Done.....

...maybe a JR blower :)

Disastra Coupe
That's rather pleasant!

rear lip spoiler, front Mazda splitter. Done.....

...maybe a JR blower :)

Cheers dude. Basically the plans are: Ducktail spoiler, OEM splitter, few bits of paint beginning of next year and in between all that maybe a couple of little goodies to tidy the engine bay.

If i went for tuning i'd go for Bodies - but i can't see that happening tbh.

Disastra Coupe
I'll admit, photos can hide a lot of stuff! It is in really good condition for it's age but there's still faults. Like i say though, i'll have some paintwork done beginning of next year.

Thanks though folks :)

Listerine & Poledo
Cheers dude. Basically the plans are: Ducktail spoiler, OEM splitter, few bits of paint beginning of next year and in between all that maybe a couple of little goodies to tidy the engine bay.

If i went for tuning i'd go for Bodies - but i can't see that happening tbh.

get a wind blocker on your list too dude, even the basic Mazda flip-up plastic one will make roof-down driving a lot less blustery. I didn't believe it until I'd been in a '5 without one.

get a wind blocker on your list too dude, even the basic Mazda flip-up plastic one will make roof-down driving a lot less blustery. I didn't believe it until I'd been in a '5 without one.

+1 on this. My old white one came with a windblocker (basically a flimsy bar with some netting) and I was amazed at how effective it was!
It did look s**t though.

Have to agree with above. Marked difference between driving with it down and up on the z3 and thats basically a but of netting.